• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa Park trip end of june- advice?

Jord_13

TS Member
Hi All,

Firstly the info I've got from here has helped me plan my trip to europa park, thanks .

I had originally planned to visit Alton towers but the reports and reviews I have read so far this year have put me off and after hearing of Europa park on here and the great reviews on TripAdvisor has convinced me to go to there instead.

My current plans are to fly from Edinburgh to Baden Baden then either train/bus or car hire to Rust. From other threads I have read here I have chosen the Dilger apartments for accomodation although I am also considering staying on site which is way more expensive - Do you think the extra cost is worth it? I will be in Rust 4 nights with my son and plan to spend 2 days in the park. How busy will the park be on the last week of June midweek?

Any tips to make the most of our trip would be great and any better accommodation suggestions would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance

@Jord_13... an excellent choice. ;)

Dilger apartments are lovely, and not too far from the park. A 10 minute walk perhaps, and if you hire a car to drive from the airport then it it certainly very useful for getting shopping from Lidl/Edeka (round the back of hotel Bell Rock), for breakfast and booze supplies. I thoroughly recommend the apartments, there is ample parking space and the owner is really nice. We said we came from England and he knocked the price down for us!

If you decide to go to the hotels at all during your trip for a meal/drinks/wander round, then it is about a 25 minute walk from there through the centre of Rust.

:)

I personally think that if you can push the boat out, staying on-site is worth it, especially for a first time visit. The hotel resort is just as enjoyable as the park, and if the weather is good, which it likely will be, the pools and spa are fantatic to visit.

Mid-week towards the end of June is a quiet period at EP.

Take a look at our park hours topic.

Where the park is expecting to close at 18:00, it will not be busy. 19:00 is also fairly quiet. 20:00, starting to get busy and 21:00 or later and the park is expecting heavy crowds.

:)