• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Eurovision 2022

It has not been confirmed that it will be hosted in the UK, just that there are going to be discussions with the BBC about the potential of it being hosted in the UK.

Would be great if it was! The full statement can be seen here:

It has not been confirmed that it will be hosted in the UK, just that there are going to be discussions with the BBC about the potential of it being hosted in the UK.

Would be great if it was! The full statement can be seen here:

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. Would indeed be great if it was, but the Daily Fail must've got too excited. 😛

It is heavily implied that the intention is to host the event in the UK hence the discussions with the BBC. But it's only been confirmed that it won't be held in Ukraine.

I'd be very happy for the event to be hosted here, if it's done in such a way that it's clear we're hosting it on behalf of the winning nation and involving members of the Ukrainian community.

It is slightly ironic that we may end up with the expense of hosting without actually having won the thing, but these are exceptional circumstances!

Gay Christmas is coming home!!!!!!!

Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

Just learnt that Sheffield is submitting a bid! Unlikely we'll be chosen but would be awesome, and I would definitely look into getting tickets if we were.

Glasgow Weegieland seems to be a favourite bid among the bookies just ahead of London, though I'd like to go for a rank outsider choice of Cardiff to let Wales have the chance to host Eurovision for the first time.

They need a venue which has the availability for 3 weeks I understand, in order to accommodate the build up and heats.

Since Manchester will have two of he largest arenas in Europe by that point, it does seem to be a decent fit, if they have the ability to rejig events between the two similar venues.

They need a venue which has the availability for 3 weeks I understand, in order to accommodate the build up and heats.

Since Manchester will have two of he largest arenas in Europe by that point, it does seem to be a decent fit, if they have the ability to rejig events between the two similar venues.
Manchester seems the obvious choice, they have never hosted it and definitely have venues with sufficient capacity.

Would love to see Cardiff host, but my gut feeling says it will be in England.