• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Extra Safety Procedure on rides!

Terry Boyle

TS Member
Went towers other few weeks ago for the first time since scarefest and noticed when i went on thirteen i was asked to remove my specs?I have never been asked before all the time ive been going.
Luckily this time i already turned up with a sports strap as i nearly lost em on nemisis last time and didnt want to remove em lol.Strangely enough i went on the smiler with em on and they stayed on but i wouldnt reccomend chancing it again lol
Also i was asked on nemesis this year to take em off before i rode but nothing at all on the spinball whizzer?
I wonder how they determine which rides u can or cant wear em as it dont make much sense.
Not that im bothered but if i hadnt brought the strap to hold em on id of had a rubbish day so it would of been nice to of known of this change before going.
Anyone else noticed this?

They roll a dice at the start of each day and see which rides it lands on to determine which you have to remove your glasses.

I find the new rule on Thirteen absolutely baffling. My glasses feel less secure on RMT than Thirteen, yet their staff are quite happy for them to remain on.

I hear ya!...Where would the possibility be on thirteen to lose yer specs i wonder?..I would of thought spinball whizzer would be up there on the list more but nothing at the station.Nothing said on oblivion,minetrain or rita?.
I lost my cap once on the flume just as i was going down the last drop halway down it flew off lol...Since its closure ive always wondered if my cap played a part in that decision or it got lodged in the cogs lol

I too was asked to remove my glasses on Th13teen a few weeks back for the first time. Very odd.

Another one here on the removing of glasses on Th13teen a few weeks ago.

I found it very strange. I don't mind having extra procedures on rides where they need to be, in light of what has happened. However this just felt a little overkill.

I dont do twitter etc but ill ask my lad to contact em.I think there must ov been an incident regarding someones specs on 13 hence the overkill.
Best to get a sports strap when u go towers in future if u wear glasses and dont want to remove em as this procedure could catch on with other rides.I get dizzy if i take em off without going on rides so it spoils the ride/day out!

I got caught out on a recent visit to the Towers,
left my strap in the car,
couldn't be bothered with a return monorail trip.
Went into Towers Trading and asked for a strap on,
the nice young lady behind the till nearly choked with laughter.
Young minds these days.
Very disappointed that Towers don't sell "spectacles holders",
come on Merlin,
you are missing easy profits.

I got caught out on a recent visit to the Towers,
left my strap in the car,
couldn't be bothered with a return monorail trip.
Went into Towers Trading and asked for a strap on,
the nice young lady behind the till nearly choked with laughter.
Young minds these days.
Very disappointed that Towers don't sell "spectacles holders",
come on Merlin,
you are missing easy profits.

Very good point about the sports strap being sold at towers.They could have alton towers written on em which would sell alot i reckon as alot of young uns these days wear specs just for fashion unlike years ago.