• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fantasy Island

Thomas

TS Member
Just had a quick search and found we have no thread for Fantasy Island! Those of you not in the know, Fantasy Island is home to Jubilee Odyssey and the Millennium Rollercoaster.

As far as theming goes, most of the park's theming is contained in The Pyramid, a large dome with largely kids rides, restaurants and the oddly sensation Seaquarium Dark Ride.

So, have you been to Fantasy Island? If not, why not? Are you put off by the fact the rides are so crammed in it makes The Smiler look frankly vast? Or is it on your 2013 to do list?

Personally I'm waiting for some good spring weather and the £20 wristbands before I return to the only place in the UK with a market underneath a looping rollercoaster. Where else can you buy a dog bed and go upside down?

Nice little park (if you can call it that) certainly worth a visit.

Not rode most of the rides for a few years, but always a good thrill when you get chance to get on.

Could do with adding something new however.

I've been 5/6 times and every time the Odyssey is closed, does anyone know why? I've wanted to ride it for years but never get the chance :/

The Odyssey is very sensative to wind. It has stalled numerous times in the past and they don't take many risks above 30mph gusts. Being on the east coast, it is often quite windy. Frankly in August it's quite likely to be open and enthusiasts exaggerate slightly for humour.

Never bothered due to the long drive and risk of the best rides being closed...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AstroDan said:
Never bothered due to the long drive and risk of the best rides being closed...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've only been so many times as it's the closest seaside town/area to myself.

Tom said:
Frankly in August it's quite likely to be open and enthusiasts exaggerate slightly for humour.

I can honestly say that I've never ridden it in all my visits as it's been closed and the majority of these have been July/August time. I guess I'm just unlucky I suppose :/

Been few years since I've been, is that travesty of a market / car-boot sale still there?

I've been unlucky enough to catch Odyssesy when it's been open. The most impressive looking ride I've ever hated. To date the roughest coaster I've been on.

The inside attractions are ok, some of them are quite sweet and have some good attractions for younger guests (the water slides were good.)

I remember being hopefuly that the park would become something special. I recall seeing concept art for another two pyrmaids, one being an extension of the park and another being a water park? Assume it was shelved years ago but would be interested to know why it never happened.

The market is indeed still there however it's all the same type of knock off shops, despite official rules stating they aren't permitted.

Odyssey isn't operational and the train isn't even on the tracks, although the season has started. No word on why. Millennium coaster is working and always appears to do so.

I regularly visit the beach there, and as such see a lot of this place, however it's not always pretty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have to add that millennium coaster is the smoothest Vekoma I've ridden!

I've never been either, even though it is really quite easy for me to get to. This is mainly due to the fact that I've heard how rarely JO opens.

I am determined to get there this year, maybe as a last minute thing when the weather forecast is good. Fancy trying again in the summer sometime Liam? :p

Only been once, and surprise surprise, JO was closed. :(

Have to agree about MC being the smoothest Jerkoma I've been on though. Though that's probably just because it's so slow. ;)

Mattmash said:
I've never been either, even though it is really quite easy for me to get to. This is mainly due to the fact that I've heard how rarely JO opens.

I am determined to get there this year, maybe as a last minute thing when the weather forecast is good. Fancy trying again in the summer sometime Liam? :p

Oh absolutely mate, it does have some class little rides and I love Dragon Mountain, just let me know when! ;D

Tom said:
Indeed, it's virtually the smoothest ride in the UK!

-Sent from a mobile phone-

No, pretty sure it's not as smooth as all the B&Ms we've got...

LiamC said:
Mattmash said:

Oh absolutely mate, it does have some class little rides and I love Dragon Mountain, just let me know when! ;D
You get a little wet on that, even as someone watching it, as I experienced a couple of days ago! I think, perhaps, a fully grown man and his son were a little too heavy to keep the raft from sliding right up the slide!

T said:
LiamC said:
Mattmash said:

You get a little wet on that, even as someone watching it, as I experienced a couple of days ago! I think, perhaps, a fully grown man and his son were a little too heavy to keep the raft from sliding right up the slide!

Oh I know, it's amazing how much speed you can pick up on it. The last time I rode it I flipped out of it on the last bend resulting in an absolute soaking! :p