• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fastrack - more being sold?

I don't mind them being sold, provided they aren't going to have too much impact on the enjoyment of other guests. There were countless times in the standard queue I heard people complaining about the Fastrack queues, and even overheard someone in the Nemesis Fastrack queue saying "I can't believe we've paid for this. We've been here ages!". At a guess I'd say the people at the back of the Nemesis Fastrack queue were probably in for an hour long wait, going off what I saw, and how quickly they were moving.

I have no idea what on Earth happened today, but there should never be a time when Fastrack is sold to this point. Something clearly went wrong somewhere along the line, and Towers need to find what it was and ensure a repeat occurrence never happens.

Re: Fastrack - more being sold?

Mistakes were clearly made today.

Those queues are a disgrace.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Isnt Fast Track set up on a computer database? Surley they would have all the computers linked up at the Sales and Information desks and as to how many of a certain package are left?

It's a combined case of if they ignore the sales data and how many are being sold by staff wandering around the park - whose tickets aren't on the computers...

I believe that they log the number of tickets printed overall somewhere (Wether or not this is centralised I don't know), but I think the timed tickets are done centrally, with a set number of tickets which can be sold for any time frame.

However, I've been hearing various reports that many people have not been receiving time slot tickets, and have instead received offline tickets which can be used at any time of the day. I wonder if there is a cap on the number of these tickets the park can issue, and if they are monitored centrally?

Today must have been a seriously busy day, I travelled from Ashbourne to Derby this morning and have never seen so many coaches full of schoolchildren heading the other way.
There really needs to be a cap on how many are sold each hour though.

That's something special never would expect to see that how big were the main queues ??

Whoever is in charge of fastracks needs speaking to, as that is nothing short of a disgrace. Never in my life have I seen fastrack queues that long for any ride in any park in the UK, Europa or the USA.

As I have said before, I have no real problem with fastracks. I do have a problem with them being oversold to such a massive extent. It is unacceptable and unfair to both those in the main queue and those with fastracks which clearly are not exactly fast. Numbers sold need to be reduced dramatically, there should never be a long fastrack queue.

:)

One issue is the lack of timed fast track, they could sell the normal quota of fast track but if everyone decides to go at a similar time (which is likely on a school trip day as guests are generally only there from 11-4) this will happen.

They need to check their quotas and bring back timed fast track slots.

What I can't understand is it's not like they haven't got a system to copy, DLP system works so well just use that system but charge for it so they don't loose revenue.
It does make you wonder who is running the park these days and if they actually walk around the park and then goto other parks to see how they work.

code-red said:
Interestingly, I noticed yesterday that the Nemesis merge host now has a 'clicker' to count fastrack guests.

Did they have pound signs in their eyes?

Ian said:
I think this needs to be bought up. On park today I was shocked by sheer number of Fastracks clearly being over sold by the park.

Most of you will have no doubt seen this picture we published on TowersStreet's Facebook account. The standard queueline was open on the hilltop extension (Lift hill one was closed) and all the way down to the station. We entered the queue at an advertised 40 minutes. We joined the queue more or less when it was at the entrance. After 45 minutes we finally got to the stairs back down to the entrance were greeted by a half full Fastrack queue.

It took us another 45 minutes to reach the merge point, which will normally take around 15 minutes at the very most. All this time the Fastrack line was filling. Eventually, it reached the point where the entire under lift area was crammed full of people waiting, and the Fastrack queue was stretching back and out of the entrance!

If that isn't proof that too many tickets are being sold I don't know what is. Once we passed the merge point we were waiting only about 10 minutes to board the ride, which is fairly standard.

313954_361702143900236_1318683058_n.jpg

I appreciate that today was a peak day (27,000 guests supposidly), but on no day should this many Fastrack tickets be sold for a single attraction. It must have added at least 45 minutes to the main queue.

So much for helping to reduce the main queue...

And the fun didn't end there! When we ventured over to X-Sector we were greeted by a similar sight on Oblivion!

IMAG0388.jpg

Once again, the Fastrack queue was full, and stretched back to it's entrance. After this photo was taken following a ride on Enterprise the Fastrack line was longer still!

Annoyingly the queuetime board on Oblivion was not showing a time, but when asking a host in the area they told us it was around 2 hours long. Supposedly, 200-300 Fastracks were used on the ride in the space of 1-2 hours. Make of that what you will, but to me that proves some serious overselling has been going on ???

I was in the park on the same day and I think we must have made our way around at good times because the only long fast track queue we encountered was on Nemesis which I felt was ridiculous considering what we had paid. Although I am a complete hypocrite as I really am dismayed by Fast Track as it can add to the general queue times so much but I buy it myself to improve my day.

The problem with Oblivion is that it was surely full of single riders as well and nobody knows what the procedure actually is? Do fast trackers queue with the single riders or what? I never know.

I believe they share an entrance, then split down into two separate queues for Fastrack and Single Riders. I would be willing to believe there was a large amount of single riders in that queue, had I not heard the figure of 300 Fastracks per hour or two ???

Tom said:
Did they have pound signs in their eyes?
Doubt it, rides staff don't seemingly like fastrack.

I imagine it'd be to see how many fastrack went through in an hour, to therefore try and work out a realistic queue time, and also to show these figures to sales & info to show the effect they're having.

I've never seen queues that bad outside of scarefest and fireworks, and I've always assumed that's due to the additional 1800 (300 rooms with the "up to 6 people") free hotel fastracks they use. How wrong I must've been.

Fastrack - more being sold?

Ian said:
I believe they share an entrance, then split down into two separate queues for Fastrack and Single Riders. I would be willing to believe there was a large amount of single riders in that queue, had I not heard the figure of 300 Fastracks per hour or two ???
Yup. They use the right hand side of the queue up until the merge point before the final loop round where they split down into singles and Fastrack - which is where the queue splits into 3 - and Fastrack goes to the back station with normal riders to the front.

But I doubt in that image there were many single riders. Any singles with sense seeing that queue would run a mile!

Fastrack was also causing considerable queue time increases today.

The normal guests hate it. The ride staff hate it and suffer complaints because of it.

AstroDan said:
Fastrack was also causing considerable queue time increases today.

The normal guests hate it. The ride staff hate it and suffer complaints because of it.

Ugh, if they don't sort out this mess soon then all the positives from early season (increased guest satisfaction, a better vibe to the park, well-received improvements to Sub Terra) will be worthless due to the complaints they'll get...