• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Favourite 21st Century Inventions

Excellent topic idea @Skyscraper!

Personally, my vote for this would be smartphones and tablets. As much as I know they haven't been perfect in terms of their contributions to society, I personally think they've overall had a very positive impact on society what with their ability to connect people more easily, as well as their ability to make life easier in many ways!
I would actually put these as the worst inventions of the 21st century!!

Anyway, back on to the topic, I would say best invention was the DVD. Those of us who used to use VHS know who time consuming they were trying to fast forward trailers, adjust the tracking, rewind the tape afterwards. The DVD allowed us to jump to exactly the section we wanted and fast forward and rewind with ease. I also used to like going to blockbuster, meet up with mates and go rent the most recent movie.

Last edited:
Inventions. We owe our lives to them. What are some of your favourite Inventions from the 21st Century?

To start off, I'm a massive fan of automatic taps. Don't have to touch them and worry about turning them off! Automatic soap dispensers and hand dryers are great too. :)

Building upon the thread I just created; I think on-demand TV is really quite a brilliant invention! It means you can watch whatever you want whenever you want to watch it instead of having to watch TV at the whim of a TV schedule, and it caters to every kind of TV watcher. Want to watch one episode at a time? You can do that! Want to binge-watch an entire series? You can do that too!

I'm not the biggest TV viewer myself, but I think streaming services are an excellent invention that have really improved the way we watch TV, personally!

The problem with a doctor who attraction is it have to be updated when she/he regenerate. I had the idea of tv’s which will feature the doctor in every section as you battle the doctors biggest villains.
It would be spilt into 3 sections:
1st section you take on the Cybermen
2nd section you take on the Weeping angels
3rd section you take on the Daleks in a ultimate battle.

The doctor could easily be on a video link / voiceover to explain the basic premise of what happens, with the ride itself featuring the villains. Easy!

All pre 21st century inventions!

My favourite invention is pedantry.

I think the Covid vaccine must be up there for 21st century inventions.

Edit - this has weirdly quotes some random old crap hasn't it?!

Last edited:
DVDs are also 20th century

Edit - thought this was the other thread

All pre 21st century inventions!

My favourite invention is pedantry.

I think the Covid vaccine must be up there for 21st century inventions.
Pedantry, semantics and pedantics, has been round for a very long time.
I remember brake and break runs being criticised well back in the 20th century.
And the discussions on the real height of the Big One back in the nineties...
Who cares...it's big.