• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Favourite B&M Inverter

Best B&M invert

• Nemesis - Alton Towers

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Katun - Mirabilandia

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Pyrenees - Parque Espana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Black Mamba - Phantasialand

• Monster - Walygator

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Raptor - Cedar Point

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Alpengeist - Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Oz'Iris - Parc Asterix

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Batman Clones - Six Flags parks

• Total voters
Mine is also a pitiful list having only rode 2 :(

1.) Nemesis
10.) Inferno

I'm expecting good things from Black Mamba this year though

It does interest me that my favourite (Hungarian Horntail) isn't on the Mitch Hawker top 10 (listed above)

Just goes to show that we shouldn't blindly follow the Mitch Hawker poll like a lot of people seem to do. As I've always said, if you like a specific ride it shouldn't matter how it's rated, if you like it you like it. Simple as!

Sounds to me that you dislike the poll because you don't agree with the majority opinion.

MH is by no means a perfect poll (it gives much more power to people who've been on a lot of rides than) but it's far better than a simple "vote for your favourite" poll, which will always be biased towards more widely-ridden rides, as demonstrated by the poll in this topic.

All rather moot now though as it doesn't exist any more.

Sounds to me that you dislike the poll because you don't agree with the majority opinion.

Not at all. There are some results in the poll which I do agree with and where my opinion is fairly in line with the majority.

What I don't like though, is the way on this forum, people talk about the Hawker poll as though it's fact, rather than majority opinion. I have read frequent posts on this forum where people have been told "Mitch Hawker poll rates this coaster low so you're wrong for liking it" quite literally. I feel that some people on this forum put way too much faith in the poll and allow their opinions to be swayed by it.