• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

February Half Term 2015

Burbs

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Iron Gwazi
The thread for speculation and discussion on the Resort's annual February Half Term Event. I hope the line up is stronger this year with maybe one more coaster open, but I highly doubt that'll happen. Wouldn't be surprised if we have the same lineup as this year, although from looking at posters, CBeebies Land is heavily advertised, which really goes without saying for a family and children's event.

I assume ticket pricing will stay consistent, remaining at £15 online and £18 on the gate, although I know last year that the week building up to the event saw the online price go up to £18. Still not too bad if you think about it.

:)

EXPECT:

No major coasters.
Total dedication to a family event.
HUGE price hike due to CBeebies, 15 quid? Not happening. 23 is my guess.

EXPECT:

No major coasters.
Total dedication to a family event.
HUGE price hike due to CBeebies, 15 quid? Not happening. 23 is my guess.
23 is what you would pay to get in on a normal day though. But tbh, £18 isn't far off! I'll be visiting with the MAP, would only consider it if I didn't have one though.

They need to get Blivvy back into the line-up if they can. I'd imagine it will be pretty much the same as last year though with the addition of CBeebies Land.

23 is what you would pay to get in on a normal day though. But tbh, £18 isn't far off! I'll be visiting with the MAP, would only consider it if I didn't have one though.

Not really, only with vouchers, and when they advertise at 23 it does sound ok for what they offer to be fair. Sonic, Cbeebies, RMT etc, it's going to go up with CBeebies it's a huge draw.

Wondering why I think that price HIKE rather than rise?

Because Marketing.

They need to get Blivvy back into the line-up if they can. I'd imagine it will be pretty much the same as last year though with the addition of CBeebies Land.

However many coasters they take off from last year's lineup, I expect there to be that many coasters added. Maybe Thirteen? Oblivion? Heck, SMILER?!

However many coasters they take off from last year's lineup, I expect there to be that many coasters added. Maybe Thirteen? Oblivion? Heck, SMILER?!

Smiler/Nemmy would be WIN! Get Blivvy on and heck I'd be mega pleased!!

However, forget Intamin corner lol. They refuse to run in that weather.

I do think Smiler could run though. They had to do serious work on it obviously last year, but this coming season may be different, it's just a freaking Gerst - my concerns would be the vertical lift fins, and the wheel grease not caking up in the cold and it valleying. (Bit of copper slip would do the trick surely :D) I always used that on my wheel nuts, works like a charm! (Wouldn't advise unless you know what you're doing :D

Other than that though, it's not exactly high tech, it's a car, some wheels, and a lot of track. Much like Nemesis. Uncomplicated largely, also I'd have thought relatively well sheltered where it is as well.

I would like the same as last year but with CBeebies added.

The other option of course would be to close the norther part and have the following open:
- Oblivion
- The Smiler
- Hex
- Spinball
- All of CBeebies
- Charlie
- Ice Age
- Wobble World
- Sharkbait Reef
- Heave Ho
- Murauders Mayhem
- Rita (potentially)

It would be nice if they could keep it condensed to one portion of the park, rather than having attractions littered around the place.

I think from family event point of view i would imagine the line would be something like this

- Hex
- Spinball
- All of CBeebies
- Charlie/CCL
- Ice Age
- Wobble World
- Sharkbait Reef
- Heave Ho
- Murauders Mayhem

Maybe Runaway Mine Train?

To be honest, last season was not for thrill seekers anyway. Nemesis was on one train due to the other two not being signed off and this resulted in extremely long ques due to it being the only 'thrill ride' ride open for the 'adults.'

Each year it has been getting more & more child oriented and this is the first year I probably won't visit, even with Nemesis open (which I doubt.)

Tbh, I'm fine with that, I hope they don't put Nemesis on the line up. At least then the event has a coherent identity and visitors will get what they expect rather than last year, for example, where people didn't even know all 'main' rides were shut. (Granted, tis' a bit silly not looking on the website in advance of your trip if you were unsure.)

Maybe they could open 1 week for thrill seekers after/before FHT - BRING BACK ADRENALINE WEEK!

To be honest they would be best off scrapping FHT and actually doing a proper Christmas/winter season event for families.

I hope they keep a couple of thrill rides on the FHT line-up though otherwise I may just not bother going.

This "family" label is a fallacy, there's thrill seekers in families.

I can't imagine people will be happy turning up to find no thrill rides available.

To be honest, last season was not for thrill seekers anyway. Nemesis was on one train due to the other two not being signed off and this resulted in extremely long ques due to it being the only 'thrill ride' ride open for the 'adults.'

Each year it has been getting more & more child oriented and this is the first year I probably won't visit, even with Nemesis open (which I doubt.)

Tbh, I'm fine with that, I hope they don't put Nemesis on the line up. At least then the event has a coherent identity and visitors will get what they expect rather than last year, for example, where people didn't even know all 'main' rides were shut. (Granted, tis' a bit silly not looking on the website in advance of your trip if you were unsure.)

Maybe they could open 1 week for thrill seekers after/before FHT - BRING BACK ADRENALINE WEEK!

Nemesis Has ran two trains for last couple of Half Terms! I know this for a fact..!

I guess depends on what works are being carried out around the resort as to what rides are open and able to be used? so know doubt there is very good reason for it being a 'Family Event' but again... nothing has been released.. Can only wait and see!

Nemesis started off FHT this year on one train due to the second one not being signed off for use. I cannot recall if they got the second train ready during FHT though and put it into use.

Nemesis started off FHT this year on one train due to the second one not being signed off for use. I cannot recall if they got the second train ready during FHT though and put it into use.

It was on the system over half term! I spend plenty of time cleaning them both!

Spotted this between Valley and Gloomy Wood
cce71917fdb5b9e835e1c9f6e4e24859.jpg

To be fair this poster doesn't show any thrill rides and the CBeebies logo is large, the implications is there won't be any thrill rides open. Older children will have Spinball & RMT, plus I would expect Sharkbait Reef to be open (as the fish need to be fed all year anyway). They are clearly marketing Feb Half Term as family with younger children, not for teenagers and adults. I know families do include thrill seekers and older children, but it seems clear that this isn't the event for them.

Chessington had huge issues last Winter/half term with familes turning up and finding only the zoo open, they seem to be trying very hard to make it clear on their website that half term is zoo only.

Nemesis
Air
Nemesis Sub-Terra
Hex
Charlie
CBeebies (or part of)
Runaway Mine Train
Duel
Sharbait Reef
Heave Ho
Murauders Mayhem
Ice Age

Nemesis Has ran two trains for last couple of Half Terms! I know this for a fact..!

I guess depends on what works are being carried out around the resort as to what rides are open and able to be used? so know doubt there is very good reason for it being a 'Family Event' but again... nothing has been released.. Can only wait and see!

It was on one train for the first few days at least. Maybe it got signed off later on, but it certainly was only running one train when I was there. I know this for a fact. ;) It wasn't signed off in time. (Not fact but from solid sources on here.)

It was not on the system for the whole of FHT - honest :p

Although, yes it was on 2 trains FHT 2012 in its entirety - from memory :)

This "family" label is a fallacy, there's thrill seekers in families.

I can't imagine people will be happy turning up to find no thrill rides available.
Do they actually promote the word 'family' though? last year it was all Moshi Monsters and this year it's all CBoobies. Those two audiences are hardly going to be hardcore thrill seekers are they?