• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

February Half Term 2015

The posters make it so that it doesn't appeal to thrillseekers in any way - because it's not a thrill seeker event. Those who turn up expecting it would be disappointed due to X-Sector & Dark Forest closed. It helps put those complaints off slightly.

I will still visit and hopefully attend the meet, as I enjoy the dark rides and "family"/children's rides as much as I do the thrill rides, and it does make for a nice break in the closed season and warm up to main season!

The posters for the past few years have always been very child friendly, the last two years they were full of Moshi Monsters.

It would be nice to add some more thrill rides, but they had Sub-Terra on it last year and that always had a 0 minute queue, but they mights as well just keep the park closed till March, its always a bit depressing during Feb with half the rides closed and the park looking run down and tired.

I wish they'd do more through December than FHT...
It'd be nice to have a December Chrimbo event that wasn't just for hotel guests, and with lots more ride offerings. Obviously some of the coasters can't open due to cold temperatures, but surely the dark rides and kiddy rides can.

Im hoping marketing realise that half term isnt the same in every area. Last year Yorkshire was the week after Staffordshire, yet they still advertised in the local papers etc.

However this year it appears we do match.

The posters for the past few years have always been very child friendly, the last two years they were full of Moshi Monsters.

It would be nice to add some more thrill rides, but they had Sub-Terra on it last year and that always had a 0 minute queue, but they mights as well just keep the park closed till March, its always a bit depressing during Feb with half the rides closed and the park looking run down and tired.

If you find it depressing then don't go for FHT and let all the families with younger children enjoy CBeebies land. It's the same at Drayton Manor, only really Thomas Land is open.

It's not depressing because of ride closures.

It's that the park hasn't been cleaned and painted nor is there much buzz.

It's not depressing because of ride closures.

It's that the park hasn't been cleaned and painted nor is there much buzz.

I don't think a lot more painting gets done in the 3 weeks between half term and park opening!

Although I guess a lot of the cleaning will get done once the seasonal staff arrive in the week before park opening. Don't forget the park usually opens a week before the actual season start for corporate hire such as the John Lewis staff day.

It was on one train for the first few days at least. Maybe it got signed off later on, but it certainly was only running one train when I was there. I know this for a fact. ;) It wasn't signed off in time. (Not fact but from solid sources on here.)

It was not on the system for the whole of FHT - honest :p

Although, yes it was on 2 trains FHT 2012 in its entirety - from memory :)

It was on the system and @Dan! should know :p

It was on the system and @Dan! should know :p
Oh, I know who Dan is :) Both myself & Rob have both said the same thing though, It was on one train when I visited, 100%. I'm not denying that it might have been on 2 for the majority, but it wasn't in it's entirety.

I believe she was on one train for the first Sunday when I was there, but the first Saturday it was on one train with only 3 rows open.

I believe she was on one train for the first Sunday when I was there, but the first Saturday it was on one train with only 3 rows open.

Bet it still got better throughput than N:I with how THORPE run it!

I'm guessing "on the system" does not mean operating on the ride during the day. It was definitely running one train with a queue at the start of FHT, and we were told (I can't recall where it came from) that one of the trains had not been signed off for use.

:)

Just seen news on The oTher site that the February Half Term lineup has been confirmed, and at first glance, it looks pretty much identical to last year, with the addition of CBeebies Land.

CBeebies Land

• All attractions.

Forbidden Valley

• Air
• Nemesis
• Blade

Cloud Cuckoo Land

• Ice Age
• Frog Hopper
• Driving School
• Wobble World

The Towers

• Hex

Katanga Canyon

• Runaway Mine Train

Gloomy Wood

• Duel

Adventure Land (If it's still called that.)

• Sonic Spinball

Mutiny Bay

• Sharkbait Reef
• Heave Ho
• Marauder's Mayhem

Not a bad line up, if I do say so!

Edit: Prices have also gone up to £17.25 for an Adult and £13.50 for a child.

They have never re-instated Oblivion since they removed it when The Smiler was being built.

How did I know that would happen?