• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2020: CANCELLED

Regarding the cancellation of fireworks. I put in a request for a refund for the fireworks. Got an email back saying I can still use my ticket on the 8th Nov or book a date in 2021. As the fireworks were cancelled surely there should be an option for a refund ? Anyone else affected by this ?

Yep, it was on the fireworks page for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Fair enough. Suppose I never noticed as I was only looking out for booking to possibly become available for Merlin passholders. In that case, Towers should really be giving refunds if requested. This is Towers though, they'd rather keep the money than offer good customer service.

Regarding the cancellation of fireworks. I put in a request for a refund for the fireworks. Got an email back saying I can still use my ticket on the 8th Nov or book a date in 2021. As the fireworks were cancelled surely there should be an option for a refund ? Anyone else affected by this ?

l2xTYe3.jpg

As per the website you can have a refund. It sounds like they have been told to push revalidation of tickets to another day to avoid having a refund, just go back to them and confirm you want your money back.

https://www.altontowers.com/explore/events/fireworks/#can-i-get-a-refund-on-my-theme-park-tickets

Ok thanks i did that this is what i got back

Thank you for contacting the Alton Towers Resort.

Just so you aware you are able to use these tickets on the 8th November.

Alternatively, we can re validate these tickets for use in our 2021 season.

Kind regards,

They really should be offering a refund as the first option and then say but the ticket is valid for that date or 2021.

Given the fireworks are cancelled and the opening hours have significantly change (from 10am - 9pm to now being 10am - 6pm) making refunds hard to get isn’t right.

Don’t know why they didn’t keep 9pm close as there would still be demand as people want rides in the dark.

I normally defend towers’ customer service (believe it or not i’ve had pretty good experiences of it in the past! I know im in the minority). But they are so far in the wrong here. You can’t advertise a big event, then put on something inferior and say ‘well u still came didn’t you’. At the very very least they should be offering to re-validate for fireworks next year rather than just a bog standard day with shorter opening hours like they are doing. Not good enough.

Looks like i have to wait another 11 days now for a reply, which is what it took for the first reply. What amazed me is i requested a full refund but only got given this option. Have sent them the link.