• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks - Annual Pass

During fireworks if you have any kind of annual pass (Alton towers or Merlin) you get in for free during any of the firework nights, even if you have a standard or premium pass. However you are better to get there earlier, as if they reach capacity they wont let you in.

djtruefitt said:
During fireworks if you have any kind of annual pass (Alton towers or Merlin) you get in for free during any of the firework nights, even if you have a standard or premium pass. However you are better to get there earlier, as if they reach capacity they wont let you in.

Thats not correct - we bought new AP Premiums last Friday and we were told The Standard (Alton Towers) pass was not accepted during any of the 3 fireworks days. I've even got the leaflet at home that has that info on it.

However, when i've just checked online it only states...

Exclusion dates: Concert dates, October 27th & 28th and November 3rd & 4th

Oh that must have changed recently then, as far as I was aware there were no restrictions at Alton towers (apart from concert dates), unlike Thorpe park and legoland which have quite a few restrictions. I would double check on your pass as it should say when you can or cant use it.

The park opens around 9.30am (maybe earlier if its busy), with rides opening at 10am. The fireworks start about 7.00-7.30pm.

Really though, why would you buy a standard pass???

for an extra £21 that no exclusions and parking.... it only takes 4 trips until its paid for the upgrade itself!

I think its brilliant that they still refund your day ticket when you buy a apss, this saved us a massive bundle on Friday.

There's no restrictions for MAP's for the firework nights, it's only Standard Alton Towers passes that aren't valid on 3th & 4th Nov...