• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks

djtruefitt

TS Team
With only a few days to go until this years fireworks display, this is your official one stop shop for all things Alton Towers fireworks!

Have you got a favourite year? Favourite firework? Favourite day? Share it all here in this thread!

For me, the best display I have seen was 1999. The "alien invasion" plot was good. Plus the fact that the UFO caught fire.... when it wasn't supposed to... added to the fun.

2010 started well with the Th13teen section, then sadly went down hill after that. :(

The fireworks are always well produced and always enjoy the show, I think there will be a part to do with sw7

Looks like there's 7 lasers for this year's fireworks...

So should be a good laser show...

Equinox said:
how early do you need to be at the lawns to get a decent spot?

Get on the lawns before the rides start to close that are in the firework fall zone...

If there isn't and SW7 section to this years display then someone's not done their job correctly in my opinion. They would be missing a massive opportunity to promote the ride in the display. I'd do it in a way that the Ministry of Joy interject in the middle of the display with an announcement of some kind, have their little section, then go back to the main show. I fear that this won't happen however.

:)

I remember as a child going with my parents after winning tickets. Not realising it was the fireworks night! At the time only being about 7 or 8 it was breath taking, with the huge fireworks displays and massive monster projected onto the lake through the smoke. Oh and the alien visitors that searched Staffordshire for intelligent life onl y to give up after about 15 seconds.

In recent years one highlight was the bit towards the end of one oh the mid 00s when the message appeared on the screen reading "do you want to more?.....then keep the noise down!!!

I remember seeing the Fireworks display from 2000, 2001 maybe, which was fronted by a sorcerer shouting "We shall fight fire with fire!" or something to that degree... And then crying due to the noise the fireworks made.

The lasers were being tested on the lawns early-evening yesterday at Towers.

IqwmV.jpg

Went to the display this evening. Spectacularly vanilla. Pretty much the same as last year. A lot of us wanted to see SW7 mentioned but I think they cut that bit for more crap music and ridiculous bass which literally made my rib-cage vibrate.

Urgh.

Didn't feel finished, unsure if it was? It finished with some fireworks to the left going off out of time, a sudden silence, and a change of colour with smoke pouring out. Really felt like there was an additional part, but it never happened.

Shame.

(But I do like bass).

After seeing the fireworks tonight I can't help but feel somewhat disappointed. The fireworks themselves were fine, for me it was the music that really let it down. It was basically just the same all the way through until ITHOTMK. Pop, pop and more pop. I have no problem with some of the music being pop as it works, however having it all as pop was awful. Last year they had a classical section which I thought was brilliant. The music this year lacked any sort of variety whatsoever which was a real shame.

I also think they've missed a massive trick not mentioning SW7 at all, it was the perfect time and place to do some marketing that up to 60,000 people would see over 3 days.

However, it does seem that the public loved the show. The first thing I heard once it was over was "wow that was amazing".

Thing is that compared to your average firework display, it is amazing. Compared to other world class displays, however, it lacks imagination. Even 2010's display had a bit of imagination with Thirteen, but this and last years seem like generic off the shelf displays.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A woman who couldn't stop talking in the same car as us on the monorail back to the car park said she went on her honeymoon to... some place... and they just so happened to run into the "world's best fireworks competition" whilst they were there, yet the ones at Alton tonight surpassed them. Ha, they must have been seriously poor fireworks if the ones tonight were better.

The show wasn't worth watching until Adele's section which bought a lot more fireworks out, but really, only the last three minutes were worth staying for. The fireworks themselves were okay, but it was as if we were being forced to listen to the best worst of Radio One at the same time.

If they don't do something better next year, I give up!

That's the problem yeah. As a fireworks display it is fantastic, a really great show. However we want more from Towers. I really expected more than just pop pop pop pop ITHOTMK. Even something like pop, classical, slow pop, pop, ITHOTMK similar to last year would have been better. A load of pop that sounds very similar just thrown together isn't that imaginative. I thought it worked really well in 2010 having a Thirteen section and then celebrating 30 years by having music from each decade. Sure it wasn't proper theme as it were or a story but it was something a bit different and it seemed like more thought had gone into it, and therefore it was more special. Just the lack of variety this year was so disappointing.

Really not impressed tonight. The worst display I have ever seen at Towers. There was no sense of grandure of anything to make it special. There were hardly any big mortars to make you go "wow". The lasers were very uninspiring. And the music is nest discribed as bland.

That is all.