• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

First time back since the 90s

I'm weirdly happy that the giant duck is still there. That duck always made me so happy. There aren't that many rides with such weird theming. I can see why the flume as a whole went but there's something happy about there being a giant duck hidden so close to a horror rollercoaster.

I'm weirdly happy that the giant duck is still there. That duck always made me so happy. There aren't that many rides with such weird theming. I can see why the flume as a whole went but there's something happy about there being a giant duck hidden so close to a horror rollercoaster.

Agreed - so random but brilliant! I miss the silly ride music as well with all the quacking! They could auction off the duck statue, I'd probably put in a bid :D

Yep that is part of the old Flume. It was the run off for the drop in the dark (the building and drop were removed, the concrete was left) which then continued underground for a while.

The underground section is still there locked up with old theming and ride channel in place.

FiWfUtj.jpg

As if they’ve just left it there to rot. I thought the whole point was to restore the wooded area?

Very spooky thought..... would make a good scare fest walk through

I wonder how many other ‘parts of rides’ are just left there - must be parts of Charley and the chocolate factory for instance. Could be an interesting thread....

i have a vague memory of someone saying parts of doom and sons being still there. just a little bit of the building or something. that was a few years ago and it could easily not be the case.

Also pretty sure that there's a sonic statue in the gardens that used to be outside the spin ball whizzer from back when it was sonic spin ball. I tried to spot it last time I went but I couldn't figure out where it's supposed to be.

Honestly, I'd love that as a scarefest walkthrough. Especially if they used it as a jump scare complete with the same quacking. Might not be possible. I always forget because the duck looks rather generic but the duck is a branded duck. they rethemed the flume at the same time as a sponsorship with a soap company started.

I wonder how many other ‘parts of rides’ are just left there - must be parts of Charley and the chocolate factory for instance. Could be an interesting thread....

When Toyland Tours was turned into Charlie the loading theming, which was themed to a boat and was part of the queue line and loading station was just walled up, as far as I know it is still there now and wasn’t touched when the Dungeons was added.

Here is what the boat/queue looked like when it was Toyland Tours.

ccBIQpT.jpg

And here are some behind the scenes pictures when it was Charlie and had been walled off.

g7nbTaf.jpg

pJT2V1D.jpg

lqeCuxh.jpg

Pictures are from Towers Street.

Can anyone confirm what happened to one of the pathway rocks that had ‘Ugland’ carved into it? (Not the main sign)

For reference it’s photo 35 in the Ugland Gallery on Towers Street. (Not sure how to link the photo to this post)

Assuming they’d have chipped away at it with the arrival of Dark Forest but I’d like to find it (if it’s still there, purely for the nostalgia)

When Toyland Tours was turned into Charlie the loading theming, which was themed to a boat and was part of the queue line and loading station was just walled up, as far as I know it is still there now and wasn’t touched when the Dungeons was added.

Here is what the boat/queue looked like when it was Toyland Tours.

ccBIQpT.jpg

And here are some behind the scenes pictures when it was Charlie and had been walled off.

g7nbTaf.jpg

pJT2V1D.jpg

lqeCuxh.jpg

Pictures are from Towers Street.

I'm genuinely surprised of how it's in such good condition after years of abandonment.

Can anyone confirm what happened to one of the pathway rocks that had ‘Ugland’ carved into it? (Not the main sign)

For reference it’s photo 35 in the Ugland Gallery on Towers Street. (Not sure how to link the photo to this post)

Assuming they’d have chipped away at it with the arrival of Dark Forest but I’d like to find it (if it’s still there, purely for the nostalgia)

A bit late to the party. I'm not sure about the particular rock you were asking about, however, I do know that another of the carved rocks was filled in:
DSC09240-resized.jpg

shows how much of a half arsed job Merlin did on Charlie. I bet it’s still there now. Wonder how many more gems are like this across the park.
Absolutely loads I imagine. Would love to go for a proper explore or behind the scenes tour like they used to run in the mid 2000s

Absolutely loads I imagine. Would love to go for a proper explore or behind the scenes tour like they used to run in the mid 2000s

Hell yes! Or to Merlin magic hq- must be loads of shit hanging around there. I know sonic is around somewhere still internet distaff area, someone posted a photo on here

Hell yes! Or to Merlin magic hq- must be loads of **** hanging around there. I know sonic is around somewhere still internet distaff area, someone posted a photo on here
I was genuinely surprised to learn that Submission is probably still laying in rest behind Burger Kitchen (last reported sighting by @Log Flume's Dennis was 2018). A perfectly serviceable permanent flat just thrown down the back of the sofa. Literally!