• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

First visit in 14 years - what can I expect?

In my experience early May weekdays are usually perfectly fine, as the nightmarish school trip season comes a bit later in the month. That said, The Smiler might throw a spanner in the works depending on the exact opening date. Even then I'd imagine that queues for everything except that won't be too bad.

TheMan said:
andyramone said:
Scott said:
At the kind of time you're going (midweek, kids are at school) an hour will be maximum queue time really across most rides. Though I would expect The Smiler to go as high as 2 hours if open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

That should be OK then.

Here's a question - if I book the tickets online, does that give me ERT?

Also, Scott, nice to see you're a fan of my hometown Park Pleasurewood Hills. Not wanting to derail the thread, but have you been on The Jolly Roger yet? I haven't been for a couple of years, but hope to have a day there later this year. Need to get me a ride on Enimga, I love that blessed machine.

There is a thread here you may be interested in Andy:

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/your-trip-reports-and-plans/micro-meet-pwh-meet-up-1591/

Stemming from a conversation between myself, Hobohippie and Poison Tom and my absolute adoration of the much maligned former American Adventure: MISSILE boomerang beauty.

It is along way to travel for me but if I can, I am getting there!

Yes, I went on it when it was at American Adventure too. Loved it as a kid. When I found out it was coming the PWH I couldn't believe it! One of my favorite childhood coasters in Suffolk? Bliss!

Great news about ERT! Can't wait to use that on the second day (I doubt we will get there early enough on the first day.)

DiogoJ42 said:
Mid week when the kids are locked away in their cages is usually a safe bet though.

Hahaha...!

I could swear there always seems to be a suspiciously high number of school age children on park even during term time... :mad:

So, I'm off for my trip to Alton Towers tomorrow. Can't wait. Not looking forward to the long drive (I've only been driving a year and it's my first drive longer than an hour,) but my excitment for the trip is going into overdrive.

I'll be sure to post a trip report here when I get back. Shame I won't get to ride The Smiler, but will probably head back later in the year to ride it.

andyramone said:
So, I'm off for my trip to Alton Towers tomorrow. Can't wait. Not looking forward to the long drive (I've only been driving a year and it's my first drive longer than an hour,) but my excitment for the trip is going into overdrive.

I'll be sure to post a trip report here when I get back. Shame I won't get to ride The Smiler, but will probably head back later in the year to ride it.

AT was one of my first long drives too! Take care, be careful and have fun :)