First visit in 14 years - what can I expect?

Discussion in 'Your Alton Towers Trip Reports and Plans' started by andyramone, 11th Mar 2013.

1. Cheese

Cheese TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix, Liseberg
    In my experience early May weekdays are usually perfectly fine, as the nightmarish school trip season comes a bit later in the month. That said, The Smiler might throw a spanner in the works depending on the exact opening date. Even then I'd imagine that queues for everything except that won't be too bad.

2. andyramone

andyramone TowersStreet Member

Yes, I went on it when it was at American Adventure too. Loved it as a kid. When I found out it was coming the PWH I couldn't believe it! One of my favorite childhood coasters in Suffolk? Bliss!

Great news about ERT! Can't wait to use that on the second day (I doubt we will get there early enough on the first day.)

3. CoasterCrazyChris

CoasterCrazyChris TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Hahaha...!

I could swear there always seems to be a suspiciously high number of school age children on park even during term time... :mad:

4. andyramone

andyramone TowersStreet Member

So, I'm off for my trip to Alton Towers tomorrow. Can't wait. Not looking forward to the long drive (I've only been driving a year and it's my first drive longer than an hour,) but my excitment for the trip is going into overdrive.

I'll be sure to post a trip report here when I get back. Shame I won't get to ride The Smiler, but will probably head back later in the year to ride it.

5. Towseriv

Towseriv TowersStreet Member

AT was one of my first long drives too! Take care, be careful and have fun :)