• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage 2019

I currently use the annual pass cup that costs 75p to refill, and usually only refill 2 or 3 times (unless it's a really hot day). So that saves me a lot of money.

But if they are replacing drinks fountains with vending machines it surely makes sense to make sure they work for all purposes first.

Still if they offered me to buy a freestyle cup, and reactivate it for ~£3 on each visit I'd probably go for it for convenience.

Also because the quencher cups are the worst designed things ever. Blackpools free refill cup is far better, easier to clean and use without dribbling or losing parts.

The Thorpe freestyle cups are £4 reactivation with MAP. We find them great value for money at that price and it’s great to have so much to choose from like someone else said. I really do hope towers get them also.

The Thorpe freestyle cups are £4 reactivation with MAP. We find them great value for money at that price and it’s great to have so much to choose from like someone else said. I really do hope towers get them also.

That's great to know, thanks a lot! Worthwhile for convenience and choice I think. Is this mentioned anywhere on the website?

It is a good point - there must be a reasonably simple method to automate reactivation of these things. A terminal in the Dome would be excellent and well within TP’s capability if they wanted to do it.

I’d guess ROI would be pretty high as well.

How do they make them work again? Or do they just give you a new cup, which I assume is set to start working the moment you first use it for one day only.

How do they make them work again? Or do they just give you a new cup, which I assume is set to start working the moment you first use it for one day only.

It’s got a chip stuck to the bottom and they just reactivate it. When they ran out of freestyle cups they were using the old red refill ones!

It’s £14 per adult on the day or £12 online in advance. Can’t see on that link where it says you save £4?

I bought one of those £7 refill’s on Sunday for the first time. Won’t bother again tho. Anyone else find the drink just goes flat within 10 mins or so of putting it in? Maybe I just had a dodgy cup or have others had this problem too?

I get that. Lol. But i’m saying it goes flat almost instantly. So would be a pain to do that as u would just be queuing for drinks all day. It may of just been a dodgy cup tbh?

It’s £14 per adult on the day or £12 online in advance. Can’t see on that link where it says you save £4?

Sorry, the link is going wrong.
If you go to the app, click shop and then extras, you see the food deals. Add one pizza pasta to your basket and click next, then choose a date and it says 'save £4' on that screen.

Sorry, the link is going wrong.
If you go to the app, click shop and then extras, you see the food deals. Add one pizza pasta to your basket and click next, then choose a date and it says 'save £4' on that screen.

Yeah it appears that is wrong. I suspect they upped the on the day price and forgot to update the website.

Tried Just Chicken for the first time on Saturday and the chicken burger could’ve broken a window with how stale and hard it was.

We had the evening buffet in flambos on Saturday and I’ve got to say it was excellent, best food I’ve had in there for a long time. Reasonable price after MAP discount too. Thought the paying before you go in also worked quite well.

The breakfast in there was however extremely poor

Trying to decide if we take a packed lunch when we visit next week.

Pros - It'll be cheaper & we'll definitely eat something we like, as I'm not sure how many vegetarian options there are on park? Also I can't eat fake meat stuff like quorn because some of it makes me ill and it's a bit of a gamble, so I just avoid it on principle.
Cons - We have to carry it with us all day (ugh), it won't be hot food & it'll cost a fortune, though we do have MAP discount to help out a bit with that.

If we do buy food there, I'd prefer to eat at counter-service places rather get a sit down meal - more time for rides and all that.

Can anyone sway our decision either way? Thanks!

Honestly don’t find the prices too bad after MAP discount, RCR has half decent veggie options but the quality ranges from fine to inedible garbage seemingly at random. Saying that we normally take our own food (family of 4) and eat on park as a treat