Food & Beverage 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roary, 15th Mar 2021.

1. Rob F

Rob F TowersStreet Member

KFC 16piece family bucket, lidl drinks family fed for £20

2. Nerdsticks

Nerdsticks TowersStreet Member

And an extra £10 to clean the bathroom the next day :p

Skyscraper likes this.
  3. s_g_k

s_g_k TowersStreet Member

You can’t beat KFC chicken when violently hungover.

Been trying to book the rollercoaster restaurant for dinner at the end of June but literally every day, be it lunch or dinner between now and the end of July is fully booked. Even the days that look available are sold out when you click on them. Is this normal or a possible booking form problem?

4. Rob F

Call up and ask now, we managed to book for friday last week when there was nothing available online

Skyscraper and s_g_k like this.
  5. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

The issue at the moment also is that the restaurant is running lower capacity than normal, as they have tables not in use due to distancing. Also I guess with hotels probably being full most of the time, everyone will be trying to book.

For lunch you can’t book you just have to turn up, but I suggest turn up when it opens at 12 or go late in the afternoon. As the queue can get very big.

Skyscraper and jon81uk like this.
  6. Rob F

All the hotel restaurants were Full on Wednesday when in-fact, Flambos was empty with 3/4 of the restaurant seating not in use. All the tables that were in use were next to other tables in use. It made no sense, everyone was clustered into one area.

rollercoaster restaurant was fully booked yet only 4 groups max were inside at any one point of our meal.

The in room dining options are fine for adults although the variety is poor, it however isn't suitable for guests with young children

Skyscraper likes this.
  7. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    F&B in the hotels appear chronically short staffed currently, service is slow, erratic and really not where it should be, Even Woodcutters is a bit understaffed - 20 minutes + just for some drinks.

Skyscraper likes this.
  8. Matt.GC

Matt.GC TowersStreet Member

I've heard similar stories at Thorpe. I think it's probably to do with recruitment problems. Now that hospitality has opened back up it's very hard to recruit the amount of people needed so quickly right across the country.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Skyscraper, MaxPower and jon81uk like this.
  9. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Legoland, Thorpe Park and Chessington now all have their own Ben & Jerry’s ‘Scoop Shop’

Could one be on the way at Alton Towers? It’s not uncommon for Merlin to roll food outlets out across all their parks. Perhaps in the old Nitrogenie location in Gloomy Wood?

Matt N and Skyscraper like this.
  10. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    I'd much rather they reopen Nitrogenie, but I've got a real soft spot for Ben & Jerry's anyway, so would be happy to see them return to Towers. The old Nitrogenie kiosk does make sense as a potential location, I'll admit.

MaxPower and Skyscraper like this.
  11. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

I'd rather see it somewhere more "central" at Alton Towers. The other parks aren't as spread out. If you want Ben & Jerry's then Gloomy Wood is a weird place to trek to for it. Mutiny Bay (where B&J used to be) or somewhere in Dark Forest / Fountain Square makes more sense.

12. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Maybe in the closed arcade building at the end of Rita’s launch? If they were to open one at Towers I would rather it used up a currently closed location rather than them plonk an ugly shipping container somewhere like they did for Nitrogenie at Thorpe and Chessington.

jon81uk likes this.
  13. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Ooh, I love Ben & Jerry’s, so would certainly approve of a shop going to Towers!

14. jon81uk

Yes definitely not a shipping container. But a nicely made wooden building in Fountain Square would be perfect.

15. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    There used to be a Scoop Shop at Alton Towers where Wicker Man Coffee is now.

But, like most things at Alton Towers, it closed down.

MaxPower likes this.
  16. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

I used to enjoy Ben and Jerry’s at towers. However it was the worse compared to Chessie which did milkshakes and all sorts. At towers you were lucky if they had any cones let alone anything else.

However I would love one back on park.

17. jon81uk

I’d assumed the building was demolished when construction started! Not actually noticed it in my last few visits. B&J should go back into that location then. Plenty of other places for coffee.

18. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    The former B&J building was demolished, they've just put another (slightly larger) unit in roughly the same spot. You can get ice cream there, though I can't remember what brand they're selling at the moment.

AT86 and jon81uk like this.
  19. Matt.GC

Matt.GC TowersStreet Member

I could list dozens of empty buildings at Towers where they could put one.

Building a new building somewhere is expensive and entirely unnecessary. Which is exactly why they'll probably do this anyway.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

20. s_g_k

s_g_k TowersStreet Member

Just an FYI for anyone looking to book into the rollercoaster restaurant this summer - if you try and book online you’ll see that there’s no availability until the middle of August. However, there’s plenty of availability if you ring and book. I’ve just booked a table for dinner for next Monday where the website said it was fully booked!