• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

This does raise the question though. Do the park know you guys are Towers Street? If they do, does that influence the presentation. One would hope the answer is no. I guess you could very quickly work out if this was the case or not by seeing what other people are getting sent out.

To be fair @AstroDan does walk around the park with a shirt emblazoned with “do you know who I am”….

It’s not subtle.

My own thoughts, especially hotel wise is that laziness has crept in. The menu has barely changed for years now, and they're still serving the same stuff. Secret Garden in particular has been noticeably quieter in recent years in comparison the past too.

My gut feeling is that they're looking at the covers they're getting, having ingredient pricing increase, not hitting budget and as a result just bumping up the prices to try and cover the difference. It's the lazy thing to do, especially when there's a captive audience held hostage to the food options when they're staying on resort.

Instead, they should be looking at the actual menu and work out what can be adjusted to try and keep prices more sensible, service quicker and ultimately people still coming in. Pretty much every restaurant is adjusting pricing, ingredients, portion sizes or whole menu items to present guests with a range of food that actually represents good value and can be served quickly.

On portion sizes, take one example, that damn garlic butter for £4.40. The menu states it's 312 calories. Now, based on that figure that typically works out at about 50g of garlic butter. For reference, that's the equivalent of five of these discs sitting on top of this fish dish:

127207_2.jpeg
Why does anyone realistically need that much garlic butter? The cost price of that 50g is probably about £2. You could easily serve up 20g instead and charge £1-£1.50 tops. A price that's much easier to swallow for a guest. Sauce wise, there's no way they should be charging £4+ for a sauce. The ready made packs are no more than a £1 a portion. That's an insane margin on what is an accompaniment to the already expensive main that a guest is buying. Start getting the balance right with the price, and guests will end up spending more thanks to not feeling like they're getting ripped off in the first place.

I mean it said a lot when someone from Aramark said to us recently you’ll be better off ordering from Cheadle Kebab and just eats.

I think they’ve probably lost a lot of custom since these food companies starting delivering to towers. I was in the hotels during closed season and it was very quiet, yet there were two or three different groups sat in ATH with takeaway meals.

I mean it said a lot when someone from Aramark said to us recently you’ll be better off ordering from Cheadle Kebab and just eats.

I think they’ve probably lost a lot of custom since these food companies starting delivering to towers. I was in the hotels during closed season and it was very quiet, yet there were two or three different groups sat in ATH with takeaway meals.

So essentially, Just Eat driver + MAP = improved food options, delivered directly to your favourite part of the park 👌

That salad bowl is very very small for £4.80/£9 with nuggets! Least there's a bit of variety I guess, basically the same as the Chessington one (I repeat again, don't bother with the chicken and waffles 😂). But, still miss the bone in chicken and the chicken that was prepared on site. Much better than the current frozen stuff.
And no more share buckets for chicken I see
They're just working out a deal with Klarna so people can afford it by spreading payment in 3 easy instalments

The price of machined coffee at Burger Kitchen is disgusting.

£4.00 for a machined mocha? What planet are these people on?
I’m personally still in shock as to how you can add chicken to a pasta dish for 95p, but a side of garlic butter is £4.40 in SGR.

The disparity in F&B pricing this year is a joke and has been made up by incompetent clowns quite clearly.

My own thoughts, especially hotel wise is that laziness has crept in. The menu has barely changed for years now, and they're still serving the same stuff. Secret Garden in particular has been noticeably quieter in recent years in comparison the past too.

My gut feeling is that they're looking at the covers they're getting, having ingredient pricing increase, not hitting budget and as a result just bumping up the prices to try and cover the difference. It's the lazy thing to do, especially when there's a captive audience held hostage to the food options when they're staying on resort.
I wonder how much freedom Aramark have to deviate from the menu they inherited? (That doesn't mean it's OK, just means the blame for that lies with Merlin.)

How does this arrangement even work anyway? Is it that Aramark basically pay a fee to Towers for a certain length of contract and then Aramark run the operation and restaurants and keep all profits? Or do Towers basically buy the food from Aramark? Or is it some kind of hybrid in-between thing? Please forgive my ignorance around food outsourcing in business :)

Capitalism creates its own rules over time matey, to maximise profits for the rich.
Allowing a dirty subcontracting company in to do the quiet quality/quantity profits push is very common in the service industry.
The complaints come in, the system changes, both companies pocket the profits in the meantime.