• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

I noticed in dragon bar today there was no menu on the wall except for soft drinks and no menus on the tables. So I assume everything’s gone up in price and menus haven’t been printed yet

Good news! Warwick Castle Conservatory restaurant is doing vegan cake again, and the undercroft is doing a vegan sandwich and non dairy milk for coffees. It’s not much, but it is something. Hopefully this means Aramark have sorted out their allergen problems they were having before Xmas.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the Pirate Takeover has a lightly themed menu (i.e. standard items with pirate-y names) including vegan options.
53520555607_8d77511a48_c.jpg

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the Pirate Takeover has a lightly themed menu (i.e. standard items with pirate-y names) including vegan options.
53520555607_8d77511a48_c.jpg
Slipping into typo territory but is one of the pirates called Vegan? If Matey has the cheeseburger and Vegan has the bounty burger?

Edit to add - a salad bowl! So healthier options are creeping in also.

This is what I got for £13 from the Mutiny Bay BK at fireworks last year.

£13. Look at the picture and read that price again.

IMG_1198.jpeg
That looks just slapped together without any care, but obviously merlin don’t care as people are buying it. I won’t be giving them my money for f&b this year which is a shame because eating on park is part of my usual day. Also can no longer justify paying for alcohol at the current price. It’s going to be cheap season pass visits and bringing my own supplies this year… I’m turning into my dad.

Also can no longer justify paying for alcohol at the current price.
I thought you weren't drinking anyway, mister!

Alcohol is actually usually pretty much the F&B option I think is reasonably priced. It's comparable to a city centre pint and much less than at nearby sports and leisure venues (looking at you Villa Park, NEC, MEN and Bet365 stadium etc).
I won’t be giving them my money for f&b this year which is a shame
It is important to note that the picture above is from last season. The quality MAY have improved this year, we can only hope and pray, so don't write it off just yet... But perhaps write it off once the first reports come in.

Get in that express parking with a posh beery picnic.
You can go back for more as well as you are close to the entrance.
Or pour a bottle of wine into a flask and take it as part of your picnic. It stays cool all day. We call it the fun flask!

But back to my BK lunch, it really was awful in every way. I think I ate a couple of chips before I took the photo, but still. It tasted crap and I could’ve put that burger together better after crawling home in the early hours after a heavy session.

Or pour a bottle of wine into a flask and take it as part of your picnic. It stays cool all day. We call it the fun flask!

But back to my BK lunch, it really was awful in every way. I think I ate a couple of chips before I took the photo, but still. It tasted crap and I could’ve put that burger together better after crawling home in the early hours after a heavy session.
Felt so smug at Warwick Castle, during the light trail, with a Thermos of warm mulled wine.

Soon after Oblivion opened, we supped half pint bottles of nasty lager by the drop at three pounds each, so six quid a pint when we usually paid around one fifty.
My most expensive beer for at least a decade.
The beer now is cheap in comparison to the bad old days.
My wife does the quarter bottle of vodka in an all day soft drink cup...and a beer at every ride area where possible.