• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

As a tax payer I say you deserve your free cuppa, although I quit coffee long ago I always winced buying it at theme parks or on the high street, save a fortune taking your own flask to places.
Very kind George but there’s over 483,450 of us across the country and I drink at least 5 mugs a day so you might change your mind 😁
We have a proper costa just outside the entrance so a lot of people buy on the way in - Aramark haven’t learned yet!!

Very kind George but there’s over 483,450 of us across the country and I drink at least 5 mugs a day so you might change your mind 😁
We have a proper costa just outside the entrance so a lot of people buy on the way in - Aramark haven’t learned yet!!
Well then I guess it boils down to if we're talking supplying instant coffee or branded ground coffee 😂

Also how is woodcutters holding up in these dire times, gammon was lovely there last year, now I guess not so much.

NHS worker here, we’re not allowed tea and coffee in our hospital. Lots of passive aggressive signs plastered in every ward kitchen stating ‘TEA AND COFFEE FOR PATIENTS ONLY, NOT STAFF!!!’.

Doesn’t stop me though! #rebel

I actually worked in a different hospital last year and you weren’t even allowed to fill your water bottle. Not allowed to use tap water!

Anyway, Aramark, crap!

Accepting your unsubstantiated numbers, what you're describing is an average markup in food retail - not a giant one.

Given that - at the time - I worked for a company with over 30 McDonalds franchises, I do not consider my numbers to be in any way unsubstantiated. More like highly accurate.

Given that - at the time - I worked for a company with over 30 McDonalds franchises, I do not consider my numbers to be in any way unsubstantiated. More like highly accurate.
Claiming something to be true without providing any proof is the definition of unsubstantiated. Either way it's moot because 100% markup is not huge in food retail, as I explained.

Also 'ooerrr'.

3 minutes for drinks, 28 minutes for food in Woodcutters today. Steak was underdone (very surprised as it's normally over!) and extremely bland. We were asked how everything was within two minutes of food being delivered, and our "alright" response promoted a beg to fill out a KPI.

3 minutes for drinks, 28 minutes for food in Woodcutters today. Steak was underdone (very surprised as it's normally over!) and extremely bland. We were asked how everything was within two minutes of food being delivered, and our "alright" response promoted a beg to fill out a KPI.
What's a KPI?

A mocha from a machine for £4? Can you honestly say that's a sensible price when artisan coffee places in Central London like Prufrock are doing handmade mochas with real chocolate for just 50p more?

Excited to introduce the Prufrock Coffee Scale™, rating the price and quality of theme park coffee around the world.

Thought this was a document for the kitchen staff at first look, but the allergen blurb at the bottom suggests that no, this is in fact a guest facing document. No expense spared.

If you don’t fancy Margherita Pizza fear not, you can have Pizza Margherita instead - phew!

IMG_4868.jpeg
Photo: @worldclassmerli on Twitter.

Only the National Union of Rucksack Carriers can save us now. Vote with your backpacks...until they are banned.

Already making alternative plans when I go to Chessington to take packed lunches vs buying on site now because of these pride hikes.

It’s a sad state of affairs when my local travelling fairground is charging less for chips, and the fairground is designed to extract the absolute maximum in cash from the visitors..

Already making alternative plans when I go to Chessington to take packed lunches vs buying on site now because of these pride hikes.

It’s a sad state of affairs when my local travelling fairground is charging less for chips, and the fairground is designed to extract the absolute maximum in cash from the visitors..
Whereas a theme park...?

High prices is one thing, high prices for an inferior product (as evidenced by that 'catch of the day' BS) is not on.

What is wrong with pride hikes?
The Rainbow Ramblers are a wonderful organisation...

A fairground doesn’t normally have a captive audience though, they know if the price is too high you’ll go to the chippy on the way home instead.