• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

(Football Shirt) Mini Meet - Sunday 28th April

Whoops, should of posted this sooner, my plan is to get there for 8:45 and meet everyone at the monorail station at this time.

I will have a red and blue shirt on, with my name on the back so hopefully won't be to hard for anyone to miss.

Safe journey all, and I look forward to seeing everyone :)

Ian

Really nice day today even though it took me ages get home because of the a50 !!! But I really enjoy these small meets :)

Yep, it was a really good day, and the weather behavioured for most part.

The first thing that shocked me when I arrived, was how empty Splash Landing car park was, for a Saturday night, I have never seen the hotels car park this empty.

We started with a couple of rides on Th13teen, one at the back, one at the front. Saldy the shutter was not working, so the daylight took a little away from the drop and backwards experience, but it was still something different and fun.

Next we waited for a few others to join the group, before riding Rita. The launch was okay, and the rest of the ride was enjoyable, nothing special but still fun.

We then rode Th13teen again, this time the shutter did work, and the drop and backwards parts were a lot better in complete darkness. Its amazing how something so little can make such a big difference, and again, its the little things that take something from normal to great. We did have a little wait in the station while the ride was being fixed, and it was quite funny watching the ride hosts doing YMCA to the guest stuck in the train, while they waited for it to be fixed.

Next we did Hex, and I think this is one of my favourite rides on park, the queue line to the actual ride has a great story and you feel like your in the middle of it.

After Hex we want to X-Sector, and all I can say is The Smiler is an impressive piece of kit, that the photos do not do it justice. When riding on the front row of Oblivion, it is going to add so much to it, as all you can see is The Smiler, and with the screams of people enjoying that, it is going to make X-Sector one of the busiest places on park.

The Smiler is not a beautiful coaster, but I like to think of it as the Ugly Step Sister, that you can not help but like.

After X-Sector, we went for lunch at Woodcutters, I had a chicken BLT, and I expected it to be a chicken breast, but got 3 processed chicken breasts in breadcrumbs, and one piece of bacon, this left a fair amount of bread with no chicken or bacon, and while others in the group enjoyed their meals, I was left feeling disappointed. If this is the best the park has to offer, I think it is time they looked at upping their game, and offering a higher quality sit down experience somewhere in the park.

After food, we went to the Rapids, and while most of us stayed dry on the first run, we were lucky to get a second run, and I have never seen so many people get so wet in one boat before. The fact people had puddles of water on their clothes afterwards was very funny, and JoshT's multicolours shoes :)

Runaway Mine Train was fun, and then it was duel, which seemed to have a few new effects(Fixed effects) that I have not seen before, and seemed to be a bit more smokey.

After that, it was Nemesis:Sub-Terra and while I enjoy this ride, I wish the live actor maze was not there, or there was an alternative way out. Its so hit and miss, when you walk through without seeing anyone, it just seems a waste of an ending.

Nemesis front row was brilliant, and reminded me why I love Alton Towers so much. Its hard to describe it, but it just gets the heart beating, and when you come in to the final brake run, you just have a smile on your face.

Air was forgettable. I got to the brake run, and said to Rob, I don't remember the last half of the ride, as I was thinking about something else. Its a shame really, as the concept is great, it just needs something to grab your attention, and make you go wow.

After that we took the SkyRide back to Cloud Cuckoo Land, and got our free hot chocolates from BK. After that, a few of us went to have another look at The Smiler, the others went to Sonic Spinball.

We then went back to the hotel and had a quick drink before setting off home.

A fantastic day, and I had a really great time. It was lovely seeing everyone again, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again soon, and hopefully it will not be long before they start testing The Smiler, although it still looks like there is a lot of work to be done.

Ian