• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fraispertuis City - New Major Attraction 2017 (Intamin?)

Pedro

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Expedition Ge Force
I'm sure that most of you havent even heard about this small French park, but it is a lovely theme park not far from Strasbourg. It is home of a S&S El loco named Timber Drop (Shortly with World's steepest drop in 2011), and a lovely themed Mack Splash Battle about Pirates.
Well this park will celebrate its 50th birthday in 2017, and is planning for the occasion the biggest news in its history.

According to many sources, this news will be a big sensationnal news. The rumor on french forum is talking about a budget between 4 and 5 millions euro, and this ride should be built by Intamin AG. Another one says that it should be breaking a record. Still no confirmation if it will be a coaster or anything else.
The news will be officialy announced on 1st July, and work is planned to begin on 26th september.

Source : Wonder World Web

Sounds good, but at €4-5m, I can't see it being anything exceptionally substantial.

Massive for the park, yes, but not a 'worldy'. I'm guessing something like a Zacspin.

I would hope that most parks would know better than to buy a Zacspin. How much does a Megalite cost? Maybe it could be a newer, smaller version? A Minimegalite? :p

EDIT: Or possibly a prefab woody???

Breaking a record for 4-5m Euros?

So that's where Morwenna has been hiding. On some obscure French park's forum.

There's been some new box track appear outside Gerstlauer's factory, it's green and not for any of the current known new rides. Maybe they're going for 15 inversions! :p

Box track? As in "B&M" track? At the Gerstlauer factory‽

(To be read in the same tone of voice as, "A fire? At a Sea Parks‽")

Ah, now what's the correct term for that? Quad-rail? Square truss? Bi-symmetrical welded scaffold array? Fugly?

You know exactly what I meant you cretin! :p

This stuff:
12919862_1692201014385429_1565134564554156866_n.jpg

Ah, so "fugly" it is then. ;)

EDIT: Is that a picture of The Smiler on the side of their van? I'd have thought they would rip that off the moment the "incident" happened!