• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Freizeitpark Plohn: General Discussion

I hope the cars have beefed up seat supports compared to Lost Gravity to sort out the vibration. Apart from that concern, this should be a really good addition for the park, which currently lacks anything really outstanding.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The layout for Dynamite was revealed earlier this month:

My initial reaction to seeing the video was 'oh'. I can't help but feel that it looks far too short which is a shame.

:)

To be fair to Plohn, I don't think they really have the sort of cash required to build something bigger.

Besides, length doesn't matter if a lot is packed into that length; just look at Nemesis!

Does this look on the same level as Nemesis though? "But Nemesis is short" isn't an excuse for half a layout, it's a waste of height. I'm sure it'll be decent enough but it doesn't do much or really make use of the type, feels like they just wanted a tall, rare coaster for the sake of it

It’s not big but comparable to a small to midsize Eurofighter. I wouldn’t be at all disappointed if somewhere like Drayton Manor announced a ride like this!

Bump!

Construction of Dynamite is coming along nicely, all of the track has been installed and the park have uploaded some photos showing the process:

16.jpg

15.jpg

img-20190208-wa0067.jpg

5.jpg

It is short however it does seem to pack a punch! Here is a look at the ride vehicle as well:

55564483_10157357087989170_1097143692046630912_n.jpg

I rather like it!

Today, it was announced at IAAPA that Freizeitpark Plohn will be getting a Mack Water Coaster for 2026 with a launch.

This would be the world's first launched water coaster and could put Plohn on the map.

Looking at the POV and the layout, I'm very impressed and believe this has potential to expand the water coaster's reach to other parks around the world - particularly with those with height restrictions when building their coasters (Alton Towers?)

From: https://x.com/mackridescom/status/1838957416588677190?t=VTgCtTNkeWRtfd0vMyfLZw&s=19

From: https://x.com/coasterclub/status/1838911782234038759?t=CAPgjK7BHni0bP88HpYNkA&s=19

Visited this summer and thought it was a lovely park.

Will certainly change the entrance area to the park as now you come in and there's the rapids to the left and the lake is currently just a nice thing you walk past to get to Dynamite.

Looks very good though, especially the high five element. Hopefully powered launches and water isn't an issue.

All the water coasters I've done have had a fair amount of vibration, some worse than others (Mack, Intamin, KumbaK, Technical Park) I'm interested in how they've overcome this

I did wonder when a launched full-circuit water coaster might come about. Given the appearance of the launched log flume at SeaWorld San Antonio, it seemed like an obvious next step. It’s cool to see Freizeitpark Plohn giving this a go!

Water coasters are an interesting one for me; I’ve done two of them, both admittedly older models by Mack, and for me, they were both the epitome of the phrase “Great concept, disappointing execution”. The idea of meshing a log flume and a coaster together is such a cool one, but both Journey to Atlantis and Poseidon were quite rough, and I more generally thought that the execution didn’t do the strength of the idea justice.

I’ll be interested to see if newer water coasters are better, though, as both Journey to Atlantis and Poseidon are among the very oldest water coasters.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this looks like utter balls?
Because it looks like utter balls.
You're not, I think it looks wholly uninspiring.

Sure it's a cool concept, but the layout doesn't do a lot and it is missing the best element of any water coaster/ride, the big drop in to the splash down.