• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Futuroscope 2020: Objectif Mars

Doesn't look like this has been posted, but I have just come across this concept image on RCDB which gives a good overview of the coaster:

aafxzsa

I am intrigued to see what this is all about in the summer!

EDIT: If the image is not showing, it can be seen HERE.

This coaster opened on 13th June.

In other news, Futuroscope has announced a huge €304m expansion plan, with three major attractions by 2025, followed by two themed hotels and a water park: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://themeparks-eu.com/news/plans-for-a-304-million-euro-transformation-of-futuroscope&h=AT22RNXXHU634Io82uM5ahBLR9cV5X5LtISA_3Nc7IYKnjyJTyVyAkCtD1U6cTCtLV8Ql6nrrb4U5JSMiYDWgNFjd98nIkg-engZhQqyovd_Y3HglyZT2knuoVn5EB4&s=1

Very exciting! This park will be one to watch for sure!

Thanks for bumping this Matt, reminded me that the thread existed!

A POV was posted a few weeks back of Objectif Mars, and very bizarre it looks too. I look forward to riding it next month.

Having watched that POV, it feels a bit like X no way out with the rooms of Valhalla (fire and lightning), the concrete and station theme of the Smiler and the the Thirteen drop. Shame there doesn’t seem to be any lighting control in that drop though it felt too bright both before and after the drop took place.

I’ve not been to Futuroscope since my French exchange and back then it was fun to see all the different styles of cinema theatre, it’s interesting to see how they are adding to the park.

Last edited:
So they've taken the lithium batteries out, presumably to prevent riders being roasted in the future?

That's all very well, but how many other ride vehicles out there have similar battery power under the seats? This feels like it could be a bigger issue.

Last edited:
Pretty much anything with onboard lights and audio that isn't a powered coaster I imagine?
Onboard lighting on coasters tends to be powered by supercapacitors, which are recharged from contacts in the station on each cycle. Suspect the same is true for on-ride audio as well, given that that won't be high current draw.