• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

Makes me a little sad that the back row is the worst in terms of the VR part, especially as I always prefer the back row of a ride!

Are they still making disabled riders use the back row?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Do I remember correctly that someone suggested GalacticAIR? where you could choose your experience. Go right to fly the coaster and left to use VR. I know towers couldn't retheme the ride again but why not try that idea? Redo the posters with slogan; THE WORLDS FIRST DUEL RIDE EXPERIENCE- YOU CHOOSE! test it out on public. It wouldn't cost anything and help turnaround.

Do I remember correctly that someone suggested GalacticAIR? where you could choose your experience. Go right to fly the coaster and left to use VR. I know towers couldn't retheme the ride again but why not try that idea? Redo the posters with slogan; THE WORLDS FIRST DUEL RIDE EXPERIENCE- YOU CHOOSE! test it out on public. It wouldn't cost anything and help turnaround.
or you know... just let people decide whether or not they want to use the headset

Last edited:
Well I know which side I'd choose. Air was my first 'major' rollercoaster, then they killed it.

Another idea to add into mix. Is there anyway younger kids under 1.4 m could experience the V/R effect not on ride?Young lads would love it!!! esp mine so he could experience it off ride with dad while older sister and mum enjoy the ride. Would that be possible??

They could use seats with lapbelts. However this is old tech as it was in granada tours, using a cinema screen with moving seats. This idea could be updated to headsets.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

They could use seats with lapbelts. However this is old tech as it was in granada tours, using a cinema screen with moving seats.
Granada Studios was a pretty neat attraction, I remember there was a dark ride section to that Alien ride which was quite cool.

I was also lucky enough to get on Skytrak when we were there!

@MaxPower Lucky is not the word I would use. What an awful contraption!

As an aside though, I do wonder if Galactica is the equivalent of Skytrak. Skytrak was terrible, but it paved the way for successful flying coasters. It was an early version, I wonder if Galactica will prove to be a comparatively sucky version of something that will continue to be refined.

Never managed Galactica on Saturday, the 90min queue was very off putting. The ride looks good though and I adore the new area music, sounds very IMA Score but I'm not sure. I think we stood around the area for about 10mins and only saw 2 crafts in that time. The throughput looks to be diabolical now.

So here's a question: has anybody stood their ground and refused to wear the goggles? If so what happened? I really can't see them calling security to physically drag you off the ride as long as you remain calm and polite about it.

So here's a question: has anybody stood their ground and refused to wear the goggles? If so what happened? I really can't see them calling security to physically drag you off the ride as long as you remain calm and polite about it.

Dan said he didn't want to wear the headset on Saturday and they said that was fine, no questions asked.

Not yet seen a staff member tell a guest that they must wear the headset but if it does happen I doubt they're going to want to cause a scene or worsen the already dire throughputs.

I'm done with the VR for now though, had a few rides which is enough, so we shall see what happens on my next visits when I say I don't want the VR.

:)

What I understood from my informants, when the guest were initially given the options at the start of the season, it actually slowed down the put through as the riders where asking what the head set were for and what were the difference in wearing them and then keep changing their mind whether they wanted to wear them or not....Faff faff and more faffing around...etc...

...so to speed up the process, Alton then made the decision that everyone must wear them.

Roy :)

After coming back from EP and doing both their VR upgraded coasters, the system at Alton Towers implemented by Figment is a lot better. The one on Alpine Express made me feel dizzy for a good 10 mins after getting off the ride and I hate the Happy Family referenced one on Pegasus, it kept stuttering terribly and the movie looks rubbish. They now put the blue shoe covers you get to walk near pool and in new houses on the VR headsets to protect them from the rain at EP, bless. I would just like there to be a TOTT/Star Tours style randomly generated set of planets to visit on Galactica.

Dan said he didn't want to wear the headset on Saturday and they said that was fine, no questions asked.

Not yet seen a staff member tell a guest that they must wear the headset but if it does happen I doubt they're going to want to cause a scene or worsen the already dire throughputs.

I was on park with Jack (@bluesonichd) the other week and he said he didn't want to wear the headset, but the bloke made him and put it on his head for him IIRC. The host was a bit odd though.

I've been lurking for a while but don't post very often, but on my first ride on Galactica last week it was the absolute opposite.

I rode twice, both walk on as it was a Thursday, and on the second ride the host asked me what I thought. I'll give a full review once I've done the VR rides at EP, but when I told him it made me a bit sick compared to Air he said "well just take it off, you can still ride Air, only now it's two rides for the price of one!"

I don't for a second think this is the party line, but it goes to show the inconsistencies between staff /: