• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

One train still has two rows of VR. I hit the headset sync button once restraints were checked and got the visor out of the pouch at the top of the lift hill. Perfectly synced as well.
Really? Wow. I'm surprised they haven't removed it yet!

They removed it off one train, I believe the idea is that the VR could in theory come back in some capacity, e.g. private events or similar.

They removed it off one train, I believe the idea is that the VR could in theory come back in some capacity, e.g. private events or similar.

That's understandable but to have all of the servers up and running when not in use sounds a bit of weird thing to do.

I am right in thinking that the ride wouldn’t work if the restraints weren’t secure aren’t I? Only yesterday they failed to check the restraints on the right hand side of the train and we got despatched without checking. My husband was in the left hand seat and the guy went the whole way down checking his two and no one on our side. Gave a bit of a frisson I’ll say but I reassured myself that the ride wouldn’t operate if it wasn’t safe.

There was quite a queue after the ride of people on that side filing incident reports about it....

I am right in thinking that the ride wouldn’t work if the restraints weren’t secure aren’t I? Only yesterday they failed to check the restraints on the right hand side of the train and we got despatched without checking. My husband was in the left hand seat and the guy went the whole way down checking his two and no one on our side. Gave a bit of a frisson I’ll say but I reassured myself that the ride wouldn’t operate if it wasn’t safe.

There was quite a queue after the ride of people on that side filing incident reports about it....

The ride cannot place the trains in the ‘flying’ position or dispatch unless all the restraints are registered as locked. You may often hear announcements in the station over the loud speaker such as ‘4-2, 3-1’ - that is the ride operator telling the hosts on the platform the seat numbers that aren’t showing on the system as locked in.

Interesting that some seats in a row were checked and others not? In the past the set up has always been that a host checks say 2 full rows of seats each, not just half a row.

Last edited:
Ah ok, wasn’t sure if it was one of those like I’ve seen before at Thorpe where there are 2 hosts on a 4 row, one does 2 on the left, the other 2 on the right.

Sounds like it could have been a miscommunication between hosts there, seems likely that some people would have been checked twice and others not at all due to one host checking entire rows whilst another does one side of the train. Presumably this means Towers will now have to go down the Legoland route and enforce double checking on every ride with hosts telling everyone they're secure followed by an "all secure" announcement by the op :rolleyes:

Whilst I don't know about Galactica specifically, on a lot of rides the restraint monitoring sensors only detects that the restraint has reached the minimum closed position. This may not be suitable for all passengers (i.e. small/thin people) and on some rides may not even guarantee the restraint is locked. That's why you almost always have a physical check by ride hosts - it ensures there isn't an unsafe gap between rider & restraint and that the restraint is actually locked, not just closed.

Sounds like it could have been a miscommunication between hosts there, seems likely that some people would have been checked twice and others not at all due to one host checking entire rows whilst another does one side of the train. Presumably this means Towers will now have to go down the Legoland route and enforce double checking on every ride with hosts telling everyone they're secure followed by an "all secure" announcement by the op :rolleyes:

Whilst I don't know about Galactica specifically, on a lot of rides the restraint monitoring sensors only detects that the restraint has reached the minimum closed position. This may not be suitable for all passengers (i.e. small/thin people) and on some rides may not even guarantee the restraint is locked. That's why you almost always have a physical check by ride hosts - it ensures there isn't an unsafe gap between rider & restraint and that the restraint is actually locked, not just closed.
I know the cabin op on Inferno at Thorpe announces "harnesses locked, clear for dispatch". As you say, maybe Towers should do the same for piece of mind. :cool:

913.gif

When I worked in the industry (a long time ago) we had to announce 'all clear' before dispatching this was due to a near miss with a maintainance guy on a transfer track (which was just before the lift on a coaster).

So basically, it is likely a warning that the ride is about to operate for anyone in the near vicinity.