• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

The full suite? Sorry, I'm confused...the 3min 27 soundtrack is the full soundtrack and it was on loop around the area. There was only one audio track with an edit of the more "ambient part" serving as the background loop for the pre-flight boarding instructions.

Back to Galactica...it has had its time and the park know it too. They butchered the new theme from its launch in 2016 and this continued over the years - what is left is an absolute state. A nice gentle revert to Air in 2025 would be a good option wouldn't it? We'll just have to wait and see.

3 mins 27 was the full air soundtrack?

Are we sure?

Galactica is still having trouble with restraints this season, I’ve just taken a ride and my vest didn’t lock at all!

Dispatches are as slow as ever too however the new dispatch sequence is pretty cool.

Looks cleaner, unfortunately it was left too long in a state and would require a repaint to bring it up to standard.

Has new disco lights when the train is dispatched. Running very well.

Running three crafts, dispatches were slow but it’s only day one of a long season. Ops elsewhere were not very quick.

Only 1 station today so a slow queue but at least you can hear the music in most areas now, despite there being several broken & upturned speakers alongside the queue

All the jetwash has done is show the neglect which was underneath.

What looks like Mould on parts of the track, serious sun damage, and rust.

Out of all the rides in the park this one is in the worst condition visually.
Smiler’s track is far worse and much younger.

You are correct, it was left too long and now requires a full repaint but I think it’s going to have a re-theme soon anyway?

It rode very well at the weekend!

Reactions: Ash
Smiler’s track is far worse and much younger.

You are correct, it was left too long and now requires a full repaint but I think it’s going to have a re-theme soon anyway?

It rode very well at the weekend!

Here is a thought.
Ocean acts as a gateway to a new area, with Galactica being removed. New area includes car park.
The new area is water themed (plenty of options here) - there is a new water ride and a surf coaster…….

Horizon is scrapped.

Far fetched……but why leave it in such a state of disrepair.

Why get rid of a popular, uk unique ride, that still has years of good service ahead of it?
It was a massive investment, no need kill it off early.
It needs a lick of paint, not ripping out!
I agree with this all 3 B&Ms are very unique and special rides. Smiler and wicker man are still relatively new so won’t be going anywhere any time soon. So that leaves us with dark forest where both coasters are easily replaceable. Th13teen is probably up there with Wicker man as the most popular ride on park there’s always people in the queue for it when I’m there so I can’t see that going for another 10 years at least. I actually think Rita is a decent ride but it’s obviously nothing special and I think with hydraulic launch coasters disappearing it’ll be gone fairly soon