• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica vr to stay or not?

Since 2016 I've always been of the mind that common sense will prevail eventually. VR was never going to work long term, but gave the park some positive publicity when it needed it. In time I'd suggest the ride will be re-themed once more, though still retain the space theme with a new name.

Landscaping/theming the area as some sort of "Space Base" on some extraterrestrial planet could work well. The buildings already have that kind of look, with a few rocky theming features & near misses, as well as a themed tunnel (dare I mention it) the ride would be quite a spectacle.

The numbers of people choosing to ride without VR speak for themselves. The public want a theme park to immerse them in the physical world, not a virtual one.

For me, they have tried it, it didn't work (as many of us said it wouldn't) and it was a waste of money.

For that money, they could have rethemed and really branded the ride as a dark, sinister theme to fit Forbidden Valley, much like the Swarm, which would work well with the riding position, so you'd actually be part of the swarm, you'd be flying with it....something along those lines.