• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gary Lineker: Asylum policy comments and the BBC

They're all loaded enough (and have other channels to go to) to not appear on the BBC probably forever. I like them sticking up for their mate though. That's to be applauded (even though I'm not a fan of Lineker getting so grossly overpaid).

The BBC becoming a 1930s style State broadcaster in real time is fascinating if not disturbing to watch. Unfortunately the British public at large are more concerned at the idea Gary Lineker may be impolite, than concern for the actual human rights violations the government are looking to bring in - gleefully claiming they will push human rights law to “its limit”

Yesterday it all seemed over, this was being reported by a Sun journalist...
1678470852221.png
Now that seems to have been reversed a day later. Wonder what changed? Was it this by any chance?
1678470892427.png

Honestly, I'm not usually a fan of going over the top, but this is on the same day when the same BBC are reported to be pulling an episode of a programme for fear of the right kicking off. A programme headed up by one of if not the most trusted figure in the world never mind the UK in David Attenborough. If the BBC are open to this much pressure from what should be a hideously minor story, then it's a worrying trend to say the least.

Traditionally I have been very pro-BBC but recently they have made terrible decision after terrible decision: Radio 2 losing almost all of its main presenters to commercial stations, closing their newsrooms in Oxford and Cambridge and cutting domestic output on the BBC News channel, the planned cutbacks to local radio, the situation with Gary Lineker, the list goes on.

Last edited:
BBC showing true colours today.

No Attenborough documentary aired because might offend people.

Linekar off air.

Alan Sugar though can bash the strikers without recompense.

Or the Chairman get a loan for Johnson.

Entirely impartial.
You failed to mentioned Fiona Bruce as well!

Do people think we'll have a match of the day tomorrow night and if so, who will present it? At the rate we're going I reckon Andy Day has a fair shot! 😂

Maybe I'm just being rose tinted but I'm sure the BBC used to be fairly impartial. I've noticed over the last few years in particular that they seem to just be at the beck and call of the government. They don't challenge them and hold them accountable, instead just follow the agenda the Tory party sets them. That is not journalism.

Ironic that this statue of George Orwell is located outside the BBC Headquarters

iu