• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gender Identity

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Isla Bryson was subject to the Scottish Justice system and prisons policy, I strictly stated that I was discussing policy within England and Wales. Justice, as you know is devolved.

Why is it important to note this data, what are you suggesting is the story it tells? I'm familiar with the breakdown of people within the custodial justice system in the UK, and their offence types. Do you actually know what you've copied and pasted from the report?

You've presented the number of trans women in prison. You've presented the number of sex offenders in the female estate, and in the male estate. You haven't given a breakdown of how many people, held in either custodial estate, are trans and have committed sexual offences.

It's also important to note that even if you did present this information, MoJ in its reporting does not discriminate between self-identifying and GRC holding prisoners.

There are 13,234 sex offenders in the male estate, according to the numbers you've presented, out of a general male population of 78,781. (2019 data is quite out of date by the way). That's all you've stated, what were you trying to say? Are you suggesting that all people held in the male custodial estate , who have committed sexual offences, identify as trans*? This is seemingly how you've presented the data.

When more than half the population of trans identified Males were in for sexual crimes, it should cause alarm. When there are COUNTLESS examples of trans identified Males committing the very same acts of harm seen in every other group of Males, it should cause some reflection. But do continue to pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you did a nice virtue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropping in here briefly to remind people to debate respectfully, we've kept this topic on the basis that people can calmly and sensibly make their points.

Any further posts that resort to insults being thrown will result in the topic being locked.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.