• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

I think we've established that the bars close way too early in the hotels. I've often seen ATH cleared of paying customers just because they're closing. 11pm is early for a pub to close these days let alone leisure hotel.

I don't think 11pm is that early for a park aimed at families like Alton is. Maybe in future they should build a more adult-oriented hotel with a bar that's open late.

Also @jon81uk I completely understand why they built CBeebies. I was more thinking about the EV expansion and the Barrels mentioned in the financial report. Sorry for not making that clearer.

I don't think 11pm is that early for a park aimed at families like Alton is. Maybe in future they should build a more adult-oriented hotel with a bar that's open late.

For CBeebies Hotel that makes sense, but for the Alton Towers Hotel, where you can also often have conference guests I would expect a bar to be serving to midnight if there are guests that want it. Also it depends on the time of year, at ScareFest and fireworks I would expect guests to be up later as they leave the park later.

For CBeebies Hotel that makes sense, but for the Alton Towers Hotel, where you can also often have conference guests I would expect a bar to be serving to midnight if there are guests that want it. Also it depends on the time of year, at ScareFest and fireworks I would expect guests to be up later as they leave the park later.
Maybe what they should do is opening times depending on time of year like the park does. Except for the fact that I wouldn't recommend shutting the bars at 4pm!

A resort on the scale of Towers should at least have one bar available late into the night/early hours of the morning. It's mad at Towers they close bars and usher people out willing to pay.

They can easily keep staff flexible with hours at the bar, anyone who has ever worked at a bar/pub knows how varied the hours can be so it's not like it's an odd idea.

The obvious choice is crocked spoon.Bo drinks outside after 11pm but open until 1am. The noise shouldn't travel too far, certianly not to the hotels. Sounds good to me.

Didn't spend a single penny in the hotels when it came to the annual end of season drinks last week on the Sunday night. Anticipated it all beforehand; long queues at the bar, screaming kids rampaging everywhere. Simply bought our own stuff and had a great night in the room with our own entertainment.

Crooked spoon not a good choice as the noise outside will travel, plus groups of people outside drinking until the early hours doesnt really fit in with the family feel of the place.

ATH - Dragon bar could stay open, but again, if people congregate outside at the rear of the hotel drinking then the noise will affect people in the rooms and now CBeebies.

Splash is the only option really, the bar is away from the rooms, there is an outside section away from the rooms so guests shouldnt be affected by noise.

..... but its closed now.....

ATH could simply ban drinking outside after 10pm and make smokers go outside the front door of the hotel. In fact I’m surprised they still allow smoking on the patio at all given the theme park is now designated areas only

If they did use ATH and move the smoking area to outside the front doors after 11pm, then they could possibly turn the Emperor Grill into an adult only bar which opens after the entertainment finishes. Only thing is i'm not too sure which rooms are above it, or how noise will travel through the floors.

Anyone who has stayed in ATH will testify the noise insulation in the hotel is pretty poor.

Is the emperor grill the same space as the emperor function room? The function room is still hired out for corporate events.

could they not use the bar in the corporate suite? thats not near any guest rooms :)

Always thought this was the obvious answer to the problem tbh, its between both hotels so easy to get to - no hotel rooms are near it that noise would be an issue plus it has toilets and outside access for smokers.
Yes if theres a conference in the evening they would have to revert to current practice, but for me I think thats the winner.

Noise from the bar is only part of the problem. Inconsiderate noisy guest walking (slamming fire/room doors, stomping feet, talking loudly, screaming kids, running kids every 5 minutes) down the corridors to return to their rooms is a bigger problem.