• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

I imagine school trips might be worse this season, because we’ve had two years of no school trips. So people will really want to do trips, and I guess so will schools after covid.
That's a really good point actually. Wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. 🙂

Also, yesterday was the first day after GCSE’s and A levels were finished and also an inset day for quite a few schools so many people may have taken advantage of that and it actually won’t be that busy everyday.

Also, yesterday was the first day after GCSE’s and A levels were finished and also an inset day for quite a few schools so many people may have taken advantage of that and it actually won’t be that busy everyday.
And then it turns out to be the busiest day of the year so far🤣

It won’t be any better than yesterday - your best bet at the moment is probably visiting on a Saturday or Sunday
This could be because it’s still early, admittedly, but currently, nothing is above 65 other than Smiler on 120… a definite improvement on yesterday!

On an A-side, how much revenue do Alton Towers get from school trips? Haven’t seen queues this big for a while, which makes me wonder, were Towers having a steady season guest number wise up until this point.

I suspect this week is busier for school trips because tickets for students are more expensive on "super peak" dates which includes 1st-20th July. A secondary school student costs £14 usually or £18 on super peak dates. One teacher goes free for every ten students so if a class of 30 goes then it would be £420 or £540 with three teachers.
Source: https://www.altontowers.com/schools/prices-and-planning/

This could be because it’s still early, admittedly, but currently, nothing is above 65 other than Smiler on 120… a definite improvement on yesterday!
Not too much though - Galactica being 60 now and 70 yesterday for example isn’t too much of a difference

I suspect this week is busier for school trips because tickets for students are more expensive on "super peak" dates which includes 1st-20th July. A secondary school student costs £14 usually or £18 on super peak dates. One teacher goes free for every ten students so if a class of 30 goes then it would be £420 or £540 with three teachers.
Source: https://www.altontowers.com/schools/prices-and-planning/

I didn't realise school trip prices were so low! I would have thought the high price for secondary age would be closer to £25.

Interesting that queue times for smiler and wicker man were at their peak yesterday between 2-3. So I'm assuming the queues were longer for them at this time due to school trips wanting to get on one of them before they leave

I didn't realise school trip prices were so low! I would have thought the high price for secondary age would be closer to £25.
I always remember my school trips to theme parks costing about £30 in total, for what it’s worth. As that likely included coach costs as well, the figure that @Thameslink Rail posted would make sense for theme park ticket prices.