• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

German Adventure

Thanks for finishing this pluk...nice read. And again interesting to see that although some rides at Europa aren`t that great in the end most of of the people are still blown away by the whole "package"...like me :D

I know, slowest trip report ever! And we're not even there yet, first we go into the mountains...

From there it was the longest drive of our trip, into the mountains to the small town of Todtnau. I'll start with a TopTip: If you visit Tripsdrill and your journey takes you right out of the carpark, beware; just before the first town the 70kph road suddenly drops to 30kph for no apparent reason and then raises to 50 kph after about 100 meters. The 30kph section has a speed camera which duly took my photo as drifted through it trying to work out what was going on, a month later I've had nothing through from the car hire company, so fingers crossed that's going to come to nothing! Sneaky speed cameras aside driving and roads throughout Germany are a delight, everything is so well maintained, clean and tidy, and just works. We had one short delay on the outskirts of Stuttgart but other than that the roads flow at speed and with ease.

I've just got back from Tripsdrill and as I was driving down the hill I was doing 37kmh and clocked the camera. Immediately I remembered reading about it in this thread but luckily it didn't flash. Did you get away with this one in the end?

It's great to read back on this thread now that I have done Europa and Tripsdrill and have a better understanding of your review. After reading it back I think I came to very similar impressions as yourself. The only difference for me is that I found Karacho slow and dull after the MCBR with only the signature Gerst overly tight turn and a small pop of air time to note. The first half of the ride however is fantastic with soo much more speed and lost more going on. The front row is much more comfortable than the back for the drop into the launch.

I enjoyed reading your review more second time around :) Shame photobucket kicked the bucket (boooo!)

I've just got back from Tripsdrill and as I was driving down the hill I was doing 37kmh and clocked the camera. Immediately I remembered reading about it in this thread but luckily it didn't flash. Did you get away with this one in the end?

It's great to read back on this thread now that I have done Europa and Tripsdrill and have a better understanding of your review. After reading it back I think I came to very similar impressions as yourself. The only difference for me is that I found Karacho slow and dull after the MCBR with only the signature Gerst overly tight turn and a small pop of air time to note. The first half of the ride however is fantastic with soo much more speed and lost more going on. The front row is much more comfortable than the back for the drop into the launch.

I enjoyed reading your review more second time around :) Shame photobucket kicked the bucket (boooo!)

Having just come back from my German park trip I can enjoy the review a little more too. I found Mammut a fun woodie but Karacho wasn't great. My favourite part was the bit after the tophat and the final dive loop. The front, like you say was more bearable than the back on the rolling launch. The drop into that is a neck breaker in the back! o_O. Tripsdrill was empty the day we visited, there wasn't even three full rows of cars in the car park, and you could walk around the park and not see a guest for a least a few minutes. All rides were a walk on and they even let you stay on and go round again. It was dead - which is a shame as a park has to have some atmosphere but it was devoid when we went.

Ha, I'd forgotten about that! No, I never heard any more about it, although I fully expect to be dragged off the plane and slung a German jail if I ever try to enter the country again.

Can't believe it's over a year since I went, seems like yesterday. Must be time to go back soon...