• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Greenbrant Acres - A Woodland Adventure Park | 1985 - 1986

Tuggerz

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Man Demz
Hello all!

I woke up this morning to find a delightful postcard from my dear friend Elizabeth, It appears she visited a small little Adventure Park on the outskirts of Gloucestershire.

xiUdLit.jpg

It looks so quaint, I may have to take a trip soon!​

Re: Greenbrant Acres - A Woodland Adventure Park | 1985

UPDATE:

I took a trip to Greenbrant Acres the other week, The place is very nice, it has a lovely setting.
Unfortunately it's a bit bare, there are 4 rides and a horse enclosure. Nothing to write home about, however from talking to management, it seems that things may be on the up.
The owner has recently been granted some money from the bank and wishes to push the park forward in terms of thrills and excitement.

Here's a few photos from my trip.

y5jX1TK.png

Upon walking into the park you're greeted by this lovely Log Cabin with some rather nice looking signs.

aG0KYMZ.png

The Go Karts are fun, but unfortunately they're almost completely concealed by trees, so you can't really get a decent picture of them.

ovWG66i.png

Here's the aptly named "Harry the Horse" whoever came up with that name deserves a medal ::)

PLysTGb.png

The gift shop is a nice place, they appear to have some sponsorship from a Video Games company though :S

MyQpPQP.png

Looking back on the Park Entrance, Nothing hugely special, but it's nice nonetheless

VrNYmRv.png

The park looks onto a lovely looking lake, The paths look particularly nice here! Don't you agree?

sp7vUO8.png

My entry into "Photo of the Week"

0UWV1Ov.png

Looking down into the main ride area, there are a lot of people here! Everyone seems to enjoy their selves and unwind!

fxWdh5W.png

Personally? I'm not too sure about that name :p

WuHuH2T.png

Jumping Jacks, The kids seem to LOVE this pair!

jnJl9fm.png

Another firm favourite by everyone!

IKxa4RT.png

There's a little shop here with a lovely outdoor area around the back!

YGgUQzo.png

As told, the outdoor area, they have free refills on all hot and cold drinks! How kind.

zZCvf6W.png

The queue for Flying Machines! It took forever! Surprised they even let me on what with being an adult ;)

t79eC6u.png

Next in line for Merry 'go' Wee! Hoorah!

Well, that ended my afternoon at the park, it was lovely to see a place that obviously cares about its surroundings! I just hope some big business doesn't come along and ruin it like many UK parks!

Thanks for reading all!

Re: Greenbrant Acres - A Woodland Adventure Park | 1985

It's May 5th 1986 and boy did the park have a surprise!

They got a loan to pay the remainder of what they'd been secretely saving for.
Park Officials say it's the latest in engineering and will easily earn back what they spent on it within 2-3 years. Let's hope they're right or the park could be in some trouble!

On to my trip report!

xkp5QNw.png

A nice shot of the ever lovely Park Entrance building.

4JCJu9O.png

The park has invested in some nice new turnstiles to check that people have paid for the ride. They also use some new kind of 'Wristband' system?

KAQJ71b.png

Merry 'go' Wee got a lovely repaint! It looks quite nice in White and Green I think.

ip2auyr.png

Flying Machines also got a repaint with a lovely new sign to go with it.

yfdqWLS.png

What's this in the distance? Could this be the Parks new attraction? It looks fancy I must say.

EypoCat.png

Walking along the path I noticed this new thing... I dunno what it is, but it's called Magik and it goes quite fast I must say! They say they bought it from a funfair somewhere...

5EEt51M.png

Here it is! The new ride, It looks great! I really can't wait to have a ride on it, It does look a bit scary though.

cG69a3u.png

'The Creature' Oooh, sounds a bit imposing don'cha think?

a8dW6I6.png

I like this shot, This is a nice shot.

JKKPD4L.png

Unfortunately it broke down just as I was about to board... Most unfortunate, However they gave me and a few others a special treat...

dEcLMvs.png

In the form of what they call a Lifthill Walk?

6lOXL4h.png

Well that picture marked the end of my day, I hope to be back soon and see how they've changed.

Thanks for reading everyone!