• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Half term age range??

Hi, I'm planning a visit this week.

I have 1 brother and 2 sisters between 10-12 years old I'm just wondering what age range the park is aimed at for half term opening?
I really don't want to make the 3 hour car journey for them to be disappointed with attractions that are aimed at the really young. They are all into the scary rides and love a good roller-coaster!

Just wanted people's opinions to save me a long expensive day out if it really isn't for their age group! I myself haven't been in over 15 years!

Thanks in advance! :D

The line up is obviously limited, but it's decent value.

Nemesis, Air, Sonic Spinball and all 4 of the parks dark rides, including Sub Terra are open.

Plus kids rides and the Sea Life.

I'd not be sure it's worth 3 hours though... I doubt Alton expect visitors outside the Midlands/North West at this time of year.

The only major coasters open are Air and Nemesis. If they are into the scary rides I would save your trip for main season :)

Yep, I wouldn't want to be a kid climbing out of the car to see The Smiler/Oblivion/Rita/Thirteen all closed :p

I had a pretty poor experience of Fht yesterday. I would not recommend. It seems to be even more child orientated (8&below) and the few 'big' rides had horrific ques down to being on half capacity - something that I don't remember at FhT before. Overall the park looked very poor. the hotel was blasting moshi monsters techno throughout which was also a nice touch :/

smudge said:
I had a pretty poor experience of Fht yesterday. I would not recommend. It seems to be even more child orientated (8&below) and the few 'big' rides had horrific ques down to being on half capacity - something that I don't remember at FhT before. Overall the park looked very poor. the hotel was blasting moshi monsters techno throughout which was also a nice touch :/

It's been child orientated for 2 seasons now. And Nemesis is struggling it seems the poor dear :p

As for the park looking poor i would say this year is the best it has ever looked at FHT, it's normally in a right state. But i still wouldn't recommend a visit unless you live nearby.

Yeah I appreciate it's been child orientated, which is fine, I've visited the last 3 years at least for half term, and before when it's been adrenaline week, but this year though there was nowhere to get away from it at all, especially in the resort. Again, the dragon bar was at least somewhere last year.

Nemesis was definitely on two trains last year, were neither of the other trains ready do you think?

Maybe I thought the park looked poor because of all the tree felling, I'm big on horticulture. One of the reasons I love AT probably.

Trees aside, sub terra was missing most of its effects but apart from that I agree, parts of the park looked good (considering its February) there were noticeable improvements, lots of painting and cleaning, I'm not sure but has airs track been cleaned also? It just perhaps all felt a bit unfinished, although granted, it may well be :)