• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Happy 10th Birthday TowersStreet!

Technically TS was born at 00:05 on the 12th June, but given BST and all that, it appears as 11th June 23:05 on the records!

Aaaah what a (late!) night we all had, glad to see it all pay off though and still flourishing 10 years on!

Happy birthday TS 🥳

Technically TS was born at 00:05 on the 12th June, but given BST and all that, it appears as 11th June 23:05 on the records!

Aaaah what a (late!) night we all had, glad to see it all pay off though and still flourishing 10 years on!

Happy birthday TS 🥳
As is tradition, it's not an Alton Towers fansite birthday without confusion over when the birthday actually is 😂

how is that possible when people accounts from the day all list as being made on the 11th June?
quiet tim and eric GIF

Embrace the confusion

Happy birthday Towers Street! I’ve only been signed up a few months but I really enjoy this forum and discussing theme park stuff with you all.

Are we allowed to ask what happened on this fateful night that people keep mentioning? I’m nosy 👀

Happy birthday Towers Street! I’ve only been signed up a few months but I really enjoy this forum and discussing theme park stuff with you all.

Are we allowed to ask what happened on this fateful night that people keep mentioning? I’m nosy 👀
It's a long long time in the past and all done with now, so I'm not going to go over it bit by bit. But, short story is we fell out with the then owner of TT over the direction the site was taking and decisions being made without consulting those of us who were running things day to day. We decided to leave, set up TS and the rest is history.

Worth noting there's no hard feelings these days, TT/Attraction Suace have their site and do their own thing while we tick along nicely here :)

It's a long long time in the past and all done with now, so I'm not going to go over it bit by bit. But, short story is we fell out with the then owner of TT over the direction the site was taking and decisions being made without consulting those of us who were running things day to day. We decided to leave, set up TS and the rest is history.

Worth noting there's no hard feelings these days, TT/Attraction Suace have their site and do their own thing while we tick along nicely here :)
Ah i see, thanks for the rundown! Good to know there’s no bad blood these days. Life’s too short.

Legend has it, on a warm summer night in 2012, a ferocious storm raged and with one mighty bolt of lightning, severed a single branch from the old oak tree. Shaken by this event, the team and several members crowded into a caravan and set off on an internet voyage into the unknown.

10 years later and I'm writing this utter nonsense. Some things haven't changed over time.

Crazy to think that it has been 10 years already, how time flies! And it was 10 years ago today that we had the first TST mini-meet at Alton Towers.

Also in a world where social media is seemingly king, I am so happy that we still manage to have a thriving forum with a brilliant bunch of members. For me, discussion is far better on a dedicated forum rather than a social media post, so thank you to everyone who posts (a lot or a little) or just reads TST!

Rarely post nowadays but read reasonably regularly. The place is a credit to the fantastic people who set up this place and have continued to keep it going all off their own backs. It’s also a damning indictment of the left behind that they decided to leave

(a fact that would be proven to me personally a few years later, which is a fun story I may tell at some point)

I’m pleased to say like many others I was a day 1 adopter, as when such a great group decide to do something, you would be mad not to join in.

Bravo to all