• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Haunted House Briefing Audio

Poisson

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Giant Squid
I've come across some audio*, which is basically the briefing audio for the Haunted House. Where and how (so audio or video etc) would this have been played?

''Welcome foolish mortals to the Haunted House of Alton Towers. I am your host, your ghost host *laughter effect*. Your carriage that will take you into the inner sanctum will accommodate you and two loved ones per row, that is six per vehicle. We spirits haunted our best in gloomy darkness so no flash photography, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase. All our ghosts have been dying to meet you *laughter effect*. However they do have a habit of removing interesting items from mortals, therefore please remember to secure all your loose articles. Thank You.''

[sub]*This does not guarantee I own it in any way, shape or form[/sub]

Is this the head in the fireplace, maybe?

I only say this because I flicked through the video someone posted in the Talbot videos thread and saw it there, I couldn't make out what it was saying though.

Laura said:
Is this the head in the fireplace, maybe?

I only say this because I flicked through the video someone posted in the Talbot videos thread and saw it there, I couldn't make out what it was saying though.

Oooh good guess! It isn't though (I went on the vid to check it)

:)

I'm pretty sure there's a file of it you can Download on the website hauntedone.co.uk but I'm on my phone so can't properly check if it still works.

It IS a shameless ripoff of the spiel from the Stretching Room in the haunted mansion, but as far as I remember it wasn't an original feature of the ride. My hunch would be to say it played near to the drawing room exit and in the station, but I can't be 100% sure. My guess is that it was probably introduced later on when alton suddenly decided their guests were too stupid to board a ride without a safety spiel. That or they were just trying to rag on Disney :p

The file is no longer available, but if you read my original post carefully you may find it is more available than it appears..... but Hauntedone.com came up with the goods, it was played in the entrance hall :)

Yes it played over the music in the preshow I believe and was only added in the latter years of the Haunted House. The script is appallingly stolen from the Haunted Mansion and the voice was very cheesy, very glad it is no longer played.

At least the present day audio has a cool voice (despite removing any atmosphere in the preshow!).

Of course the queue was designed to have no briefing audio at all, just music and ambient sound effects, with the only dialogue coming from the character in the fireplace.