• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Have you ever stalled or rolled back?

DiogoJ42

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Metropolitan Line
Since it's topical...
Have you ever been on a coaster when it has stalled, valleyed or rolled back?

Last year, myself, Natalie and Sam B were at Thorpe, and were luck enought to get a roll back... on The Flying Fish. :p A small child ran over the bridge and was heading for the exit platform, causing the op to E stop the ride. With drive power cut, the train rolled back and stopped at the bottom of the helix. After a few minutes we were on our was again with no drama. But it made for a good troll opertuinity on facebook, with statuses along the lines of "At Thorpe... just had a roll back!" >:D

The only other thing that comes close for me was an evac from the brake run before Th13teen's switch track, but that doesn't count in this instance.

What about you?

Missile American Adventure.

Catch car missed, rolled back half way around the loop.

There was a guy who thought on the forward through he would try and spit on people. Dude ended up as good as upside down balling his eyes out.

They had to call up to the main entrance to inform coaches not to leave as it was one of the last runs of the day!

Never had a rollback, but had a similar Th13teen fail, alongside Astro, Dave, Sam and others last Scarefest when the switch track failed.

Rollback on The Beastie.

The train didn't make the lift hill, and it just slowly rolled back and stopped. Mechs came out, gave us a push back into the station.

Small but definitely a rollback credit! ;)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

My only rollback was on some not very famous ride named Bluefire at Europa Park. :p
I was lucky enough to ride it 3 days before its opening, at the press conference. At that time it had many rollbacks, just because they tested it for the 1st time at full capacity. I saw more than 15 rollbacks in the 2 hours opening that day, and I had one. I never saw any since the ride was officialy opened (except in morning testing).
Was a strange feeling, but I loved it. And It's amazing to get the launch twice in a very short time! :D

Only time I have stalled was on SITG at Pleasurewood Hills, on the little dip on the final straight heading into the station, having to be helped out of the car and then lifted over the wall.

I've been on Tomorrowland Transit when it broke down and had to be evacced.

Also been stuck inside Th13teen's crypt for about 15 min before too... Those intamin trains begin to hurt after a while...