• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

1ceff427c83691b4e29d2b125be89ca9.png

So this is the finished new theming element...

The most interesting thing to me is that the monster (if that’s what it is) appears to be holding a piece of “track”... Guessing that it is meant to be an illusion for riders that they might be about to fly off the end of the track being torn apart by the monster. Be interesting to see how effective this illusion is..

Am the only one who is getting bored of this Merlin ride formula. Build a ride central theming piece ride must interact with

It just seems a bit repetitive. We already know sw9 will have one! It’s a certainty

Yes, Mammut was built by Merlin Entertainments.Quite shocking, really. I mean, look at it (the queue looks horrendous in the image, think it was opening day) ...:

53bba07d419a7.jpg
no, mammut is a project of the old property of gardaland, already planned and financed in 2006, before merlin bought the park

Am the only one who is getting bored of this Merlin ride formula. Build a ride central theming piece ride must interact with

It just seems a bit repetitive. We already know sw9 will have one! It’s a certainty

Depends if it’s done well or not and suplimented by other theming elements.

It looks like the Nemesis station made of wood :tearsofjoy:.

It's a shame that another attraction in a Merlin park has been given a dark theme like everything else. I remember the new IMAscore music for this being quite light and airy, something to do with the gods I think? But as per it's been darkend down to being ate by a tree monster. :rolleyes:

It is very much typical of Merlin to 'borrow' an idea from another ride elsewhere however lets face it, Colossos didn't really have a very coherent theme prior to this so I guess it is somewhat of an improvement.

I just await the NEU 2019 marketing of a 17 year old ride to begin.

Glad to see the 'creative' department have been original with this :)

52688624_10156017736321629_1511336469623472128_n.jpg

Are you ready?!
Only with you and the energy of colossus can we win together the gigantic fight between fire and wood!

Scream to stop the creature!
Scream to get away!
Scream to win!

Experience the whole story: www.heide-park.de/colossos

#The opening of colossus is planned for spring. As soon as a concrete appointment is established, you'll find out. #

Last edited:
Probably a stupid question but is there any chance that monster holding the track is a hint to a switch track element ala Expedition Everest?