• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

HELP: Florida 2014/5

Manta & Kraken are two of the best B&M's in the world. Personally, I wouldn't even contemplate not visiting sea-world even if it emerged they were torturing babies, purely for the two reasons above.

Kraken is forceless and dull.

Manta tries to force your lungs out your mouth.

Different views hey :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

smudge said:
Manta & Kraken are two of the best B&M's in the world. Personally, I wouldn't even contemplate not visiting sea-world even if it emerged they were torturing babies, purely for the two reasons above.

I really love both of them, but I would find it hard to place Kraken as one of the best B&M's. Manta, maybe because it's so unexpectedly forceful - however Kraken is basically a standard sitdown for them.

AstroDan said:
Kraken is forceless and dull.

Manta tries to force your lungs out your mouth.

Different views hey :p

I think with Kraken it really does vary from seat to seat to be fair. I too have had slightly dull rides on it. Like you say, different views :D

Of course Kumba beats this hands down though, so does Hulk actually IMHO.

Alastair said:
I really love both of them, but I would find it hard to place Kraken as one of the best B&M's. Manta, maybe because it's so unexpectedly forceful - however Kraken is basically a standard sitdown for them.

Fair enough, maybe the layout. Although the theming is better than any other B&M Floorless. ( six flags LOVE them for some reason. ) I think and it does offer near misses, forceful elements & great views! Smooth as anything too.

Back on topic, I think Busch & Sea World are worth visiting for one day at least, just to ride the 'big' coasters' if nothing else - maybe you'll rate them highly, maybe you won't, but you will never know otherwise ;)

I am yet to see a genuinely top themed floorless coaster. None of the 6 I have been that well themed.

For me, though, Bizarro and Dominator are the best two I have ridden.

I agree, Kraken is by no means, 'top' themed, just better than others. The floorless factor is also quite a winner with me, I do love seeing the track whizz by underneath, maybe why I'm such a fan. I rode Sheikra with both trains and much preferred the floorless. So it must be the floorless element. I wouldn't rate Kraken so highly if it was an invert or sit-down for example. It must sound like I'm trying to convince myself here, so moving on...

Haven't ridden either Bizarro or Dominator personally, but all three seem to have very similar layouts, yet Kraken is rated a lot higher in Polls. ( Granted take them with a pinch, although the figures must be from somewhere... ) Yet compared to Hydra all three are in a different league.

I do think that Manta is 'top' themed though. Granted it could be better - just like everything.