• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

In the screenshot TS have posted, it looks like there is only 1 entrance to the cinema room now with the railings directing you to it. I wonder if the initial introduction that took place at the batching area now takes place in the cinema room before the film? Or is this a different part of the ride?

1719572228159.png
I'm struggling to work out what they've done, would be surprised if they've taken away the introduction given that's part of the story.

Edit: thinking about it I think that could be a new wall in front of where the turnstile was, sealing off the intro room. So you'd be batched outside then wait in the original queue area for the door to open.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to work out what they've done, would be surprised if they've taken away the introduction given that's part of the story.
I don't think they've taken it away, just moved it to the other side of the door, into the cinema room so you queue in that image and the ride experience starts once you move through the door. Previously, there were 2 doors with scaffolding above them.

I don't think they've taken it away, just moved it to the other side of the door, into the cinema room so you queue in that image and the ride experience starts once you move through the door. Previously, there were 2 doors with scaffolding above them.

Those doors into the cinema room could still be there? So they have effectively created a new room just for the ‘pre, pre show’?

No originally you went through the turnstile into a pre holding area with the cinema room doors at the end, and you had a short introduction before the doors opened. As @AT86 says I think they've created a new enclosed room for the introduction.

Batching will be done outside now given the new three-queue layout, so the turnstile would be obsolete.

No originally you went through the turnstile into a pre holding area with the cinema room doors at the end, and you had a short introduction before the doors opened. As @AT86 says I think they've created a new enclosed room for the introduction.

Batching will be done outside now given the new three-queue layout, so the turnstile would be obsolete.

The other thing that comes to mind with this is previously the fire exit being open to allow RAP guests in would flood the room with light and ruin the atmosphere.

Sectioning this off would eliminate this.

Well then, I did suggest a few days ago following the announcement of tours of the Towers and Gardens that we might hear something about Hex and it seems I was correct!

It is satisfying to actually hear and see what they've been doing rather than keep things secret. Good to hear that they are keeping the same storyline though I'd bet the thought of making it into a sequel ride might have crossed their minds at least once. Will be curious to see what has changed and how the effects might enhance the attraction now.

Great to hear about the remastering of the soundtrack and the A/V improvements throughout. But what about the video file of the story in the cinema room? The quality was quite poor, I hope we can expect a huge improvement on that.

Exactly, I know! What I'm saying is that intro played in the batching area (where the portrait is lit up) has been moved into either a new additional holding area (created by bringing the doors closer to the turnstile/ride host point, or they've just put that intro into the cinema room so it'll play in there directly before the film.

Official download release please... PLEASE.

So glad they're putting the money and effort into refurbishing Hex!

For arguably one of the most iconic soundtracks, given the recent releases and if work has gone into remastering them (hopefully not modifying (sorry N:RB isn’t as good as the original)) they will see fit to release this too.

May pay back some of the changes made and good “symbiotic” marketing.

It would also be great to see merch created in a shop associated with the towers themselves/Hex. Considering a temp shop (that also sells the guided tours) could be installed pretty easily in the conservatory or just past it, this seems a missed opportunity given the relaunch.

Yes they did - and showed a someone pressing buttons on a touch screen to demonstrate.

That’s not a control system, it’s an AV system. The HMI looked like it was lashed in but that’s being picky…

I think overall the openness is welcome, but I’m not sure this level of “behind the scenes” suits Alton.

Alton is all about secrets, mystery, magic and history. If this was released after the ride was reopened I could understand, but for now a simple teaser with “the vault reopens this autumn” would suffice and a tease of the lighting changes.

But the level of work etc is great, and it seems peoples rumours about the rides bearings were in fact true. It shows the age of the ride but also the lack of ongoing maintenance/improvements eventually lead to much larger costs. (See the skyride/retro squad/food vans)

Im afraid it’s the sign of bad management, as I’ve said previous, Bianca’s clear understanding of the nuts and bolts operationally of running a theme park is really refreshing, but much like the country it’s clear a decade of renewal is needed and it won’t come cheap! I just hope she sticks around for long enough to do it, and it can’t be easily undone in the future.

Last edited:
Has Hex ever had a digital queue time display outside its entrance? If not I hope they add one as otherwise people may see a big queue outside and walk away, not knowing about it's queue-eating nature.

Has Hex ever had a digital queue time display outside its entrance? If not I hope they add one as otherwise people may see a big queue outside and walk away, not knowing about it's queue-eating nature.
No it hasn't, typically only the coasters and CBeebies Land have the digital queue time boards (plus Sub Terra and Alton Manor). It perhaps would be useful to add one.

No it hasn't, typically only the coasters and CBeebies Land have the digital queue time boards (plus Sub Terra and Alton Manor). It perhaps would be useful to add one.

I personally think every single ride should have them except maybe ones like the carousel. Eg the rapids you can’t see any of that queue at all so are going in blind if you can’t see the app, and the RMT absolutely needs one.

Given they are already feeding out queue time estimates to the app the overall cost would be negligible, just need to sell a few extra hotdogs a week and they are paid for.