• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

Getting it ready for next year 😉

E: does seem like a Merlin special waiting for the nice weather to disappear and turn into the wet autumn season to start painting
Or, to put it another way, get high season out of the way where visitor numbers are greatest and workload’s likely to be highest, and then when you have a moment to breath in the shoulder season take a look at lower priority painting jobs 🙂

Don’t want to sound the constant pessimist, but I’m expecting this to be ruined…

Lit up like a Christmas tree
Butchered effects
Lack of darkness/mystery
Projection mapping in the vault/octagon of some sort
General lack of the “restoration” theme
Speakers still sound awful

The whole point of this ride is atmosphere, it doesn’t need theatrics. Let the surroundings speak for themselves…

I hope not as TCAAM was a great refresh, but Hex really didn’t warrant it, bar being maintained.

Don’t want to sound the constant pessimist, but I’m expecting this to be ruined…

Lit up like a Christmas tree
Butchered effects
Lack of darkness/mystery
Projection mapping in the vault/octagon of some sort
General lack of the “restoration” theme
Speakers still sound awful

The whole point of this ride is atmosphere, it doesn’t need theatrics. Let the surroundings speak for themselves…

I hope not as TCAAM was a great refresh, but Hex really didn’t warrant it, bar being maintained.

Possibly, though I don’t understand the hate for projection mapping if done well.

I have always felt the Octogan is a bit weak, I wouldn’t be offended by some better effects there.

Does anyone have any idea how long it would take to up and running once they've finished whatever repairs are needed? i.e. how long it takes to do staff training, etc.
Well I believe staff training is due to begin two weeks before Scarefest starts (three weeks from now), so hopefully that is enough time for it to be ready by the 11th Oct.🤞

Last edited:
Wicker Man's preshow being a prime example. Awful low quality projector!

I and maybe others feel the opposite and think it looks fantastic! Everyone always comments on how good the pre show is for Wicker man along side the sign. Still to this day one of very few rollercoasters that have a pre show and achieve the effect with the moving curtain and projection mapping so well, It really build a great atmosphere and story before you board the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I and maybe others feel the opposite and think it looks fantastic! Everyone always comments on how good the pre show is for Wicker man along side the sign. Still to this day one of very few rollercoasters that have a pre show and achieve the effect with the moving curtain and projection mapping so well, It really build a great atmosphere and story before you board the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything about it is good barring the projection quality (which is not good at all, and really takes you out of it when you look closely) and the awful batching system, shoving everyone in with seemingly no predefined capacity.

The worst thing is that one of the main problems I used to have with Hex was also the projector in the first pre-show room, which was also low quality (and was admittedly showing a low quality source), as well as the horrendous audio in there. The fact that WM did not particularly improve upon that with a similar projector-centred pre-show doesn't give me the greatest confidence that this will have been solved in the refurb.

Everything about it is good barring the projection quality (which is not good at all, and really takes you out of it when you look closely) and the awful batching system, shoving everyone in with seemingly no predefined capacity.

The worst thing is that one of the main problems I used to have with Hex was also the projector in the first pre-show room, which was also low quality (and was admittedly showing a low quality source), as well as the horrendous audio in there. The fact that WM did not particularly improve upon that with a similar projector-centred pre-show doesn't give me the greatest confidence that this will have been solved in the refurb.

If that cinema projector is still the same washed out rubbish, and the ceiling lights don’t flicker in time with the video, they all need sacking.