• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How Busy?

More of a theory but i get the impression that in the UK at least, post-Covid has changed the game with theme park attendance due to working from home and subsequently walk on days are mostly a thing of the past unless you're particularly lucky and off-seasonal.

Looking at the Blackpool queuetimes recently, I would say it is more a merkin discovery pass thing.
I know, typo left for smirk value.

True, i was going to say that as well. A combination factor perhaps.

So get rid of the cheap passes and send everyone back into offices so theme park lovers can enjoy themselves, vote for me.

Out of interest, how busy is the park likely to be on Sunday 28th July? I’m aware it’s the summer holidays, but I wasn’t sure if there were any particularly bad or good times of the summer holidays in terms of crowds.

I only ask because I’m getting the opportunity to return to Alton Towers, possibly alone, on 28th July. My dad has a ticket for the LIV Golf tournament at the nearby JCB golf course on 28th July, and actually said to me “Why don’t you come with me, and I can drop you at Alton Towers before I go in! Seeing as it’s that close, I couldn’t not offer!”. When I get an offer like that, I’d be mad not to accept it!

Due to the nature of the opportunity, the date is obviously non-negotiable, so I was just curious to know what sort of crowds I should prepare myself for.

The first couple of weeks of the school holidays are often surprisingly quiet and it builds as the weeks go on.

It won’t be dead by any stretch, but it’s nothing like the end of August.

Out of interest, how busy is the park likely to be on Sunday 28th July? I’m aware it’s the summer holidays, but I wasn’t sure if there were any particularly bad or good times of the summer holidays in terms of crowds.

I only ask because I’m getting the opportunity to return to Alton Towers, possibly alone, on 28th July. My dad has a ticket for the LIV Golf tournament at the nearby JCB golf course on 28th July, and actually said to me “Why don’t you come with me, and I can drop you at Alton Towers before I go in! Seeing as it’s that close, I couldn’t not offer!”. When I get an offer like that, I’d be mad not to accept it!

Due to the nature of the opportunity, the date is obviously non-negotiable, so I was just curious to know what sort of crowds I should prepare myself for.
If all the main rides are open and operating well (no guarantees there!) I reckon with the advance knowledge of the park that you clearly have you’d be able to get loads done, albeit the place will probably be pretty busy and queue times for some rides may hit an hour.

I’m off work 15th til 22nd July. Looking at heading to Towers on one of the days. Any suggestions for what will be quietest?

I’m off work 15th til 22nd July. Looking at heading to Towers on one of the days. Any suggestions for what will be quietest?

That week is peak school trip madness - it will be packed. Best to actually go on the weekend in my view, Sunday is probably the best bet.

The Euros final is the 14th. If England somehow win the thing, the 15th might be quiet thanks to hangovers, pilloried bank accounts and pilgrimages to Southgate’s home town of Watford.

The Euros final is the 14th. If England somehow win the thing, the 15th might be quiet thanks to hangovers, pilloried bank accounts and pilgrimages to Southgate’s home town of Watford.
I wouldn't be holding out for that possibility! 😂

Sunday 14th itself could be a good call though - I was at Thorpe on Sunday afternoon and a lot of people were clearly leaving early to get back for the football, by around 4.30pm pretty much every coaster in the park other than Hyperia had 0 or minimal wait times. I'd expect a similar effect on the day of the Euros final, whoever is playing!