• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

how does hex work?

jordanthomo

TS Member
Iv been on hex so many times, and today i just wondered what acuttally happens as you cannot go upside down with just a bar to stop you, does anyone know what acuttally happens? :-\

It is a 'vekoma mad house' (google it) you do move slightly, but only a small amount of degrees.

The rest of the room spins round. There are a lot of 'hex behind the scenes' videos on you tube too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont really want to spoil it for others, but yeah, you do move a fair bit, but the rest is an optical illusion.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

smudge said:
It is a 'vekoma mad house' (google it) you do move slightly, but only a small amount of degrees.

The rest of the room spins round. There are a lot of 'hex behind the scenes' videos on you tube too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 degrees :)

Basically, you move slightly, and then the room spinds, ot create the weird optical illusion. its really hard to explain the behind the scenes stuff, but my dad explained it to me when i was 7 by putting his sunglassse on his legs while we were in teh vault, and showing we weren't movingg hardly att all, because his glasses weren't moving.

The room spins a little while the rest moves 90 degrees too, creating a optical illusion and the room's layout makes it look like your moving. Although you hardly move, the safety bar is still their for your safety. It's probably the best of it's kind in the country.

Look at this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqISxtDWEAs

i knew that you was only moving about 15 degrees, but when your on the ride you forget as the illusion makes everything that you know change.

Just look at peoples faces when they are on to see how good the illusion is.

I belived it went upside down for ages when I was younger

Its a good illusion and there are quite a few you tibe videos that show the vault drum from the outside. Having stood underneath it whilst its running i can honestly say its impressive.

But yes the seats are suspended on 2 arms (concealed as the odd machine at one end and the wood wall at the other. These are attatched through the drum spindle to a hydrolic system that causes the seating platform to swing 15 degree in each way.

The drum is connected to a series of tyre pinch wheels that make the drum spin, the movement of the drum is quite complex as it doesn't always seem to move from the outside as it looks on the inside as it has to speed up and slow down to corrispond with the swing of the seats.

Its definately still the best mad house i have been on out of the 7 i have done.