• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How Might The Towers earn the Publics Trust back?

Park was dead on Saturday, really quiet. As for the hotels, Enchanted Village was busy, ATH about half full whilst Splash was the busiest I have ever seen it.

A think a BTS documentary is a good idea. Us fans get a new insight into how the park is run with Merlin and Alton Towers gets to demonstrate directly to the public how they make sure the rides are completely safe and explain what is actually happening when a coaster "breaks down". I think it would be a catalyst into rebuilding the public's trust.

Surely for them to reopen the Smiler they have to address the stall issues? I can imagine if the ride stalls again, no matter how safe it is - even if it was running with just one train - there would be a media frenzy.

You have to look at how reducing the price would have a psychological impact on how people perceive the brand. To be perfectly honest price is not something I am hugely aware of, if I want to go I'll get my bogof voucher, pay my money and go. I imagine customers won't be aware of price increases/deceases as the park isnt likely to be a regular purchase for them.

I think the park need to use the quiet time to focus on training, heightening guest experience etc.

It would be a shame if they weren't fully using it to their advantage.

Personally I think the best way they can earn back the trust of the public is to allow some gypsies onto the site, give them overnight, and come back to find the Smiler dismantled and all the metal removed, complete with cabling etc, so Alton have a nice new site to play with.

Then, rebuild the Black Hole, but add hi tec special effects inside to make it truely 21st century and call it something catchy like , umm, "The New Black Hole" - that would work.