• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How much land do the Macks own around Europa Park?

Dogdangling

TS Member
Hi

First of Happy new year all, hope you had an amazing xmas.

Looking at Google maps how much land do the Mack's own for future expansion of the park, obviously Rust is to the East and North but particularly the South and West towards the French Boarder there appears to be plenty.

Any expansion of the current park would surely need to be tunnelled belong the EP Street.

Phil

So far as I know, The Macks don't technically own any land.

The German government, on the other hand, gladly give Roland as much land as he wants with no questions asked. They could probably keep building 'til they reach the Rhine.

During our Q&A, it was mentioned that whilst Europa-Park are aiming to extend the monorail to Rulantica in the future (or using a cable car), it’s not necessarily a given that they can do this as it’ll have to go through land they don’t own. So I don’t think they own loads of land.

The German government, on the other hand, gladly give Roland as much land as he wants with no questions asked. They could probably keep building 'til they reach the Rhine.
Shame the Bruhl authorities are not as kind. For 30 years Phantasialand having been trying to get more land from the government...

Good hear that EP hope to connect the waterpark to the main park with some form of permanent transport though. That'd be great.

On the hotel video channel I could have sworn they said Franz and the Mack family purchased the land around a castle and a neighboring park. I seem to remember something about buying land but Paulaner was involved, so can't quite remember whether that related to the original deal or later.

Whether they still own the land is different question.

When i went in August on our last day we parked i the carpark. It wasn't he carpark with Silver star in it. It was a couple of fields away but it was quite a drive around a couple of other corn fields.

Re Phanta.

Can't they go this way in the red box. They already have a carpark That side of the road.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhb8pnzo1pscsb6/20180102_225953.png?dl=0
That is the land they have been trying for decades to get.

It is owned by the government. But the local environmental minister opposed them (although after the last election this year he has now left so that has renewed hopes), and there is a group of locals who protest against it.
There is also another plot of land behind the China car park they are trying to get. And on the other side of the road, north of the triangle of forest opposite the Berlin entrance, they tried to get land but these plans have been abandoned.

Have the locals in Rust have ever opposed Europa expanding at any point in its history?

Surely that triangle of land would be perfect. Away from the locals and if not protected for wildlife purposes why not?
I guess the mayor or whatever isn't a big theme park fan and doesn't want to surrender a lake/forest for roller coasters - perhaps not a great PR move for him, or maybe the authority have an eco warrior spirit.

I get that its annoying for Phantasialand management, but equally I don't support the notion that any business has an inherent unquestionable right to expand if they wish to.