• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2013

DiogoJ42 said:
Themeparkmania said:
The only awkward thing is you can only buy a minimum of £10.00 to spend on rides.

There is a minimum of £10 if you pay by card, but I bought less than that (£4 or £6 I think?) paying in cash.

That makes sense now! They really need to clarify these things on their website before you go as I did have cash!

What they really need to do is wristbands. I wouldn't even mind if they charged something stupid like £100, you could still get your money's worth out of it given the price per ride.

DiogoJ42 said:
What they really need to do is wristbands. I wouldn't even mind if they charged something stupid like £100, you could still get your money's worth out of it given the price per ride.

But would anybody actually be willing to part with £100 for a day of rides at Winter Wonderland?

There's not enough decent rides!

I'm pretty sure you could easily spend well over £100 if you wanted to ride everything. And in London, there's of shortage of people who could afford it.

The idea of spending that sort of money on average rides seems absurd to me, but maybe that's just me.

It's not like we're talking Olympia Looping, Alpina Bahn or Testrecke here...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wristbands would entice a lot more people to come though, and possibly spend more on food/drink...

It would entice me to go, and ride more things for one...

Then again, I paid for the most expensive Luna Card at Coney this year... God that was bad...

A work mate had her birthday drinks in the Bavarian beer hall last night. Mike also came along, so we popped out to do a couple of rides (the others weren't interested), but spent most of the evening waving huge steins in the air, singing along with the (German) band, and quaffing Bavarian Gold. It was a very pleasant way to spend an evening indeed!

We only did two rides: the waltzer twice, and Over The Top. Sadly it was running a very weak setting, dispite me asking the guy to run it like they did at Hull. :(