• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

If you drive, do you prefer to pull forward into a bay or reverse into a bay?

If you drive, do you prefer to pull forward into a bay or reverse into a bay?

• Total voters
Generally prefer to reverse in, unless boot access will be an issue. So easy if your car has parking sensors and/or cameras, and you get a far better view when it comes to driving out forwards, then edging out slowly hoping nothing is coming your way when reversing. I know a lot of work car parks these days have a reverse parking policy, no doubt to minimise the chance of collisions. It makes sense really.

When it comes to back to back rows, for example supermarket car parks, my pet hate is when both are free, yet Mrs Dippy goes into the back space, not the front one. She says it's easier to get in the boot that way, but I'd still rather be in the forward space ready to drive straight out, instead of having to reverse whilst people push trolleys and cars drive up and down behind.

Do whatever works for you, but to those who are less confident reversing into a space, I'd say it's worth taking some time to learn the technique. Go into a big supermarket car park with lots of space, find a quiet corner and just do it until it becomes easy. Given that (unless of course it's a space you drive into and then straight out of) you will have to reverse either as you arrive or leave, surely reversing slowly towards an inanimate object such as a wall or barrier (especially if you have parking sensors/cameras), then driving out with a perfectly clear view ahead of you, is much safer than driving in, then craning your neck to reverse out as cars, bicycles, pedestrians, etc, (some of which are hard to see or come out of nowhere at speed), pass behind you.