• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

If you had a choice - Alton Towers rides

If you had a choice of only ever being able to ride one ride at Alton Towers ever again, but as many

• Blade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skyride

• Enterprise

• Submission

• Sonic Spinball

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Squirrel Nutty

• Tractor ride

• Riverbank eyespy

• Ripsaw

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Air

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Nemesis: Sub-terra

• Oblivion

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Rita

• Th13teen

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • River Rapids

• The Flume

• Duel

• Total voters

BigDave

TS Member
Well this one is fairly simple. You can only choose one ride to ever ride again. You can go on that ride as many times as you want, but you cannot ever go on any others at the resort. What would you choose?

I would normally say Nemesis straight away, but would I miss another ride more? Hmmmm.....

Ripsaw, because you have a number of different ride experiences in one. With a coaster you get the same thing over and over!

I picked Sonic Spinball, purely because It's Sonic! would love hearing Sonic tunes over and over again while spinning ;D

I think the winner is going to be pretty obvious. ;)

I've been super original and picked Nemesis. I picked this because it's the best rollecoaster in the park in every way and I'll take it over any dark ride or flat ride without needing to stop to think.

Dont Know why, but I picked Sub:Terra, for some reason it has grown on me, just the theming, queue line videos, the attention to detail. It reminds me of disney, and true magic.

I put Nemesis straight away but now I'm thinking about Ripsaw, Sub-Terra and the rest of the Big 5... :-\

I was thinking the exact same thing. Could I live without the other rides? Rapids would be epic, as I genuinely think Alton Towers' rapids are one of the best I have ever been on.

I know Nemesis is the typical ride that most people will pick, but it's just so.....good. It's still one of the best rollercoasters I've ever been on, and I don't think I'd ever get bored of it.

That's a really tough question.

But, having thought about it, I say Nemesis. If I don't get a ride on Nemesis during my visits, it nags at me, and the next visit I'm pestering my friends to ride it so I can get my "fix" as it were.

I would go for Air due to it being relaxing and would be great just to reride it on those hot summers days. It would also be good to see the greenery develop around the years and see how busy the day has been with the carpark.

Good Topic! I'd have to say... Oblivion!

Honestly, I've ridden ol' Nemmy more than enough times and of course my last time on her will be a deeply upsetting time. But being able to experience Oblivion every day for the rest of my days, sounds like a dream! I could ride that thing all day and not get bored or ill!

Nemesis a close 2nd! I've ridden Nemesis for about half the amount of time I've spent breathing in my life! I'd like to spend that other half with Oblivion seeing as I can't separate them, they are both incredible and quality coasters! :-*

For me it'd have to be a ride with variables, so possibly something like Duel or Ripsaw.

If it'd count though, i'd happily take Terror of the Towers over any permanent attraction.

Nemesis is my favourite ride but can't ride it more than 4-5 times one after another... Start to feel light headed..... So given that it's gotta be Oblivion!
Rode that several times in a row when taking part in thrill labs few years ago.... Registered little effect and I felt fine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nemesis. Nothing exists in the same mould; with the same interaction with the terrain and the the incredible intensity in one.

There are other Dive Coasters, there are other flying coasters, there are other top spins. There are other inverts but none built like Nemesis. There probably won't be any more either.

No question, Riverbank Eye Spy!

As if.

Nemesis for me, although I was tempted to vote for Oblivion due to there being other great Inverts in the world I'd still be able to ride, but no other coaster in the world being quite like Blivy is.