• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

If you had a spare £20,000,000

themeparkfan

TS Member
I was just thinking........ Imagine you won a massive euromillions jackpot and you won over £100,000,000 and you had seen to all your family and mates, paid off mortgage, done all those things you wanted, and put some by. You then decided to invest £20,000,000 in AT because your an AT obsessed fan (like I am :)) What would you tell the management to do? Heres my plan:

Reopen Hex.
Reopen Nemisis Sub Terror with actors, just change their use a little ( I ve never been on:( so not too sure what they did to begin?)
Refurbish Duel big time with fantastic effects.
Replace Ripsaw with similar model or newer version.
New flat for Dark Forest. any ideas??
Reopen Charlie with new theme, or completely retheme CCL to a Lego village theme with Lego 4D film, Lego ride where Charlie was, give toadstool a lego theme, convert wobbleworld to a lego themed play area.
Update blade.
New flat for X sector.
Replace entertainment.

That's if it would stretch so far?

Any other ideas or dreams?

I think the more relevant question would be if you bought the park as a business outright. £20m would not only be insufficient for your plans (or any other plans of significance) but it also wouldn't buy you enough Merlin shares to have any where near that level of autonomy.

I suspect Merlin easily have this amount on cash spare at any one time, but choose not to spend it. If you approached them with a fistful of money and said "oi, build this", they'd laugh you out of the building.

That said, I'd give everything a complete overhaul and get every attraction back to running its best, then pay for more staff to man the currently closed food outlets.

I would be looking at the investment firm that owns the park and lease the park back to Merlin Entertainments.

In terms of actual investment, the park would need £100 million minimum pure cash injection over a 3 year period just to get back to the level it was at 10 years ago.

I'd use the money to convince other investors to liberate the park from Merlin. Failing that I'd do a suicide run on Merlin HQ and reek havoc until I was arrested and leave them a Campbeltown-esque present in the basement (Google HMS Campbeltown if you don't know)

I'd use £20m to pay for redundencies after laying off all the idiots in management and the marketing departments. I'd recruit new people who can actually spell their own name, then happily sit back to watch the park grow.

Genius...love your posts

I would get a huge net and maybe sort Rapids out a bit. Look at just doing general improvements and sacking the dead wood AT seem to be desperate to keep